Please help a newbie

This is where general information is stored for reference purposes. Please do not ask questions here. Only post here if you are posting reference information.
Ea
Easymonkey

Please help a newbie

Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Hi guys

I joined this page as I am having more hassles with my dad's 2001 3.2 DiD lwb Pajero GLX than with the 2 Lada Niva's in my own yard.

I am not a trained mech, but qbe on lesser vehicles, although auto electrical stuff makes my head spin, and that's where the frustration comes in. The indicators and hazards went awoll last week, we could hear a buzzing sounds under the dash, so of it went to the local auto electrician after I read some of the older threads about this on these boards. The autolec phoned his contact at the agents, and apparently the light blue control box needs to be replaced (including resetting of the coded keys). From what I read here, the indicator flashing unit is situated behind this blue box. To me it makes no sense in placing something that needs to be replaced from time to time inside the control box.

So before I start barking up the wrong trees or advise dad to spend money on things that is not required, please advise. Where and what do I check first, please type slowly so I can understand as well.

Return to “Pajero Technical Library”

Login · Register