Electric Vacuum Pump

This is where general information is stored for reference purposes. Please do not ask questions here. Only post here if you are posting reference information.
MacNeon
Vehicle: Mitsikushi Pajero 2002

Electric Vacuum Pump

Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:58 am

I saw a youtube video about a guy installing an electric vacuum pump on his diesel vehicle. Is this a viable option for the Pajero? I see my vacuum pump doesn't really supply a whole lot of vacuum, maybe that is why my brakes are so hard and my super select is giving hassles? Where can one source such a pump from?

bhanganek
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2DiD 2004 GLS Auto

Re: Electric Vacuum Pump

Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:07 pm

I might have the same problem with my 2004 LWB

I have now done the following so far, but without success as yet

1. Bled the brakes all around
2. Swapped the two relays that are mounted near the booster unit, still no change
3. had the vehicle by Mercedes/Mitsubishi workshop, and checked on their computer for any fault codes, nothing
4. Had vehicle at another workshop, checked with their computer, no vaults. What they did though, was to initiate the brakes and ABS to all 4 wheels separately, and we found the unit to run almost double the time (that pump running), to the left front and rear wheel

Where are we now at

We will check the vehicle again, this time drive it with the computer running as we drive and brake, and hopefully get answers

The pump would cycle at least once every 10 seconds, even with only the ignition on,

I contacted the Mitsubishi parts store in PTA, and they quoted R10 000 for the unit

Good luck, and please let us know should you find the cause

Return to “Pajero Technical Library”

Login · Register

Login  •  Register