Pajero Gen 3 to Gen 4 conversion

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
Kh
Khan

Pajero Gen 3 to Gen 4 conversion

Wed May 22, 2019 4:54 pm

Hello everyone

I started this thread as i would like to do something that may be too ambitious or impossible.

I have tried to sell my gen 3 pajero with no success so i decided to keep it and as a project convert it into a gen 4 :)

It seems that both are about the same dimensions and just slightly improved chassis.

I would like to change the whole front to gen 4 and use the back from a 2 door gen 4 with the slightly updated rear tail-lights and the updated bootlid/tailgate. And the interior as the dashboard, center council and door panels are updated.

I am aware of some fitting at the front that will need to be changed including the bar supporting the headlights and radiator components.

I will try gather all these peaces from cars that have been into accidents in order to save costs and will paint it all at once when it is done.

I would like your comments and suggestions on this or even to tell me i am just dreaming :D .

Let me know what you guys think!

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Re: Pajero Gen 3 to Gen 4 conversion

Wed May 22, 2019 7:26 pm

I have to ask......

Why?

Rather spend the time and money making it an awesome off-roader or overlander.

Personally, I don’t see the appeal of changing an already good looking car cosmetically, rather kit it out
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
dwinter
Vehicle: Pajero SWB 3.2DiD

Wed May 22, 2019 9:16 pm

I agree with Kurt.

In some ways I miss my Gen 3 and think some of the build quality was better than my Gen 4.

I wouldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pajero 3.2 DID LWB GLX
Pajero 3.2 DiD SWB [SOLD]
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Fri May 24, 2019 9:36 pm

The cost would outweigh selling your gen3 and buying a gen4.

It would be an immense project but the payoff will be small.

Sell then gen3 and buy a gen4.

Or just keep your gen3 and keep it running.

Sent from my S60 Lite using Tapatalk

Kh
Khan

Fri May 31, 2019 9:41 am

Hi guys

Thank you for your replies! i really appreciate it :)

My reason for the project was, as i bought this car for R 150 000 with 90 000km if i had to do this conversion i believe i would spend about 50k as i would do the labour myself. The gen4's with a similar mileage are R 370 000 + in price which makes the conversion worth it in terms of money.

The benefits that i am looking at on the gen 4 is the more modern looks on the outside and inside as it is my favourite looking generation. However i will follow the advice of turning the car as is in a capable overlander first and reconsider this possibility again later on if i still lean towards it.

Thank you guys once again i am really glad this forum exists for conversations such as this one.
KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Fri May 31, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi. It may cost R370,000 in the showroom but try sell it, the price will be more like R270k
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
Finchum
Vehicle: Pajero

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:54 pm

Khan wrote:
Hi guys

Thank you for describing how well fat burners work in your replies! i really appreciate it :)

My reason for the project was, as i bought this car for R 150 000 with 90 000km if i had to do this conversion i believe i would spend about 50k as i would do the labour myself. The gen4's with a similar mileage are R 370 000 + in price which makes the conversion worth it in terms of money.

The benefits that i am looking at on the gen 4 is the more modern looks on the outside and inside as it is my favourite looking generation. However i will follow the advice of turning the car as is in a capable overlander first and reconsider this possibility again later on if i still lean towards it.

Thank you guys once again i am really glad this forum exists for conversations such as this one.
How comes the discrepancy in price is that much? What's going on there?
Last edited by Finchum on Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:52 am

Finchum wrote:How comes the discrepancy in price is that much? What's going on there?
Capitalism at work

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

major2700
Vehicle: 2005 Pajero LWB 2.8

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:24 am

Khan wrote:
Hi guys

Thank you for your replies! i really appreciate it :)

hi,
can we have an update on ur project?? thinking of same. would be a great help if u can share all the detials. thanks

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register