Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
SimonB
Site Admin
Vehicle: 2017 Nissan X-Trail

Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 am

Following on from this post I have opened this thread so that people can voice any issues regarding the availability of parts from the dealers. Note, this is NOT for second hand parts or pirate parts. This is also not the place to discuss service standards unless it is specifically to do with parts availability.

The idea is to have a consolidated thread which we can use to highlight our concerns with Imperial SA, if there are still any.

Simon Bloomer
JohanV
Vehicle: Pajero '01 - 3.2Di-D - LWB

Re: Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:51 am

Hi Simon,

Suggestion that we also distinguish between normal service parts and other parts that will take time.

Some service parts i ordered were brake pads that took 6weeks to arrive.

other part i ordered and paid for is the PC cluster board that was told will take 4weeks to arrive. Today is 4weeks and i hope to go and collect this part today. This is not a normal service part and make sense that they dont keep stock at our local mitshu parts shop these parts.

But they really should have brake pads and other service parts readily available.

Regards

Johan
Gemaskerde Tuinvurk
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:07 am

To get a balanced view, should we also post situations where parts came quickly? (especially non-servicing parts)?

Otherwise potential mitsu owners visit the site and think parts distribution is only problematic.

e.g. I ordered a little plastic cover for one of the seat achors at the back. non-servicing part - 4 weeks and and it was here (this was over September/October - supposedly the worst period)
Karl

llec999
Vehicle: 1995 Pajero SWB 2.8TD (After selling LWB Did:)

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:22 pm

My experience last week: needed to replace left rear window glass on my 2011 3.2DiD LWB after nasty break-in. Midrand branch: Sir we have no stock - need to order from Japan - will take 8 weeks! Ordered from PG Glass - arrived the next day.
Llewellyn
1995 Pajero SWB 2.8TD
1996 Delica 2.8td
1999 Pajero 3.2DiD LWB (Diesel problem...)
1997 Pajero Junior 1.1 (written off hitting a Drifter Double cab)
ma
macjohnw

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:37 am

I need to order parts for my next scheduled service this week - will keep you updated.
ma
macjohnw

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:41 pm

I went to Mitsubishi in Nelspruit to source some parts for my 195,000km service today. They had nothing except maybe an oil filter - of which they were not sure either. The guys said 3-4 week waiting period.

So I went to Midas for parts.
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 am

This is also not the place to discuss service standards unless it is specifically to do with parts availability.

So I'm not off topic here :D

My original concern remains - if they do not have normal service parts in the store room, how do they service cars by the hundred on a daily basis? Do they hide parts in the back and refuse to supply individuals or do they execute a half assed service without confessing to it?

Remember my actual case: My car was already booked in for the 90k (timing belt) service the next day, when I decided to pull it and take it to my trusty indi. I eventually spoke to a really friendly and helpfull chap in the Mitsu parts dept, who was very convincing when he said he was down to his last 18 oil filters and NOTHING else.
ma
macjohnw

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:16 am

Good question Roelf.
pierreandre
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5 GLS

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Pajero is at Mitsu Brooklyn today to have the brake accumulator replaced. This they have in stock. The following they don't:

-Throttle position sensor
-4x4 switches
-Accessory belt!!!!!

Not too concerned by the first two, but the accessory belt in my car is cracked.

There were about 15 cars in their workshop this morning. If they don't have belts, how can they be servicing them as checking belts is something that happens at every service.
Pierre-Andre
2001 Pajero 3.5 GLS LWB
2001 Colt 3000i 4x4 D/C (SOLD)
Ja
Jakes

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:29 am

Het groot skok vandag gekry toe ek 'n prys op 'n engine olie filter by Porters wat nou ons Mitsh agent is kry.

'n filter was altyd so in die omgewing van R90.00 maar Imperial se prys is net oor die R300.00 vir die filter.

Toe ek die parts salesman vra hoe hulle dit regkry was sy antwoord net dood eenvoudig, dit is Imperial se prys.

So dit lyk my parte gaan bekikbaar word maar wel teen 'n prys.

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register