Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
jbeez
Vehicle: 2005 3.8 GLS

Re: Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:49 am

Had a little mishap and the rear bumper and towbar assembly needs to be replaced. Parts were ordered on 20 Sept by the panelbeater and for three weeks the strikes wer blamed for non delivery. Now I have been told that the rear bumper is not available at all in SA. Insurance refuses to pay for a proper one and insists on genuine replacement parts. This is not funny anymore

Johann Bredell
ha
harras

Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:28 pm

My PJ went for its 140000km service at Mitspro on Friday. Freek Jnr. informed me that they only received locally made Diesel filters from MItsu SA. I phone Mitsu Brooklyn while waiting and enquire on the diesel filters. Reply was NO STOCK IN SA but local is OK. Freek Jnr informed me that he will not fit the local filter to the Gen 4 DiDc as it causes early morning starting problems. It is apparently OK for use on the DiD. Mitspro did the service without replacing the filter and said that they will phone me when they get genuine replacement parts. Now, if MM SA run out of standard service parts, then it becomes a issue.
GH
GHM

Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:51 am

My wife bought a second hand 2005 PJ 3.8 V6 GLX Auto. What a disaster.
First the Transfer box was damaged. No Parts from agent 6-8 weeks Japan.
Thanks to Gearbox Select Pretoria's good second hand unit.
Agents could not supply any of the 4x4 selector sensors. All ex Japan 3-4 weeks.
Second the motor was doctored with Prolong. 8,000Km after purchase, motor Blew 17 September. Still trying to source parts.
Agents did not have timing belt,oil pump, water pump, Cam lifters, crank,connecting rods,piston rings, over size pistons etc. The list just goes on.
However they do have a complete Short block (sub assembly) R 55 Grand, thank you very much.
At last I have sourced a second hand 674G sub assembly that I will bore to 95mm so I can use the standard 675G pistons and rings etc. I will fit my 675G single cam heads that I have completely refurbished. Wish me luck getting the standard spares. So far the agents have been a disappointment.
My dealer CBF Motors Humansdorp have been fantastic trying to help source parts, assisting with tech info and even a lone vehicle. I think if it was not for the good will of our dealers trying their best for their customers Imperial would be seeing its .... without a mirror.
Regards
GHM
Lock
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 2002

Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:20 am

A recent survey places Mitsubishi at the TOP of the worst spares supplies availability. Especially true since Imperial took over. Nice going boys...

http://www.risksa.com/the-struggle-for-spares/
If you can feel the grass between your toe's, your flying too low!
3.5 GLS F/LIF 1998 Lost to the x wife
3200 Tdi GSL 2001 Written off
3200 Di-D 5Dr A/T 2002 338 000 Sold
3500i A/T 5Dr 2001 Sold
3.2 Di-Dc GLS A/T 2008
Gemaskerde Tuinvurk
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:29 am

Lock wrote:A recent survey places Mitsubishi at the TOP of the worst spares supplies availability. Especially true since Imperial took over. Nice going boys...

http://www.risksa.com/the-struggle-for-spares/

Very sad indeed... Its not like this is a new issue... And yet all we see in the media is the new ASX, the green monster, etc. I wonder how far removed the execs that come up with the strategies are...

Money spent on marketing is flushed down the drain when there is a perception doing the rounds as suggested by this article. Many brokers are informed by this magazine (or by readers of this magazine). Their word of mouth is quite far reaching. Mitsu would do well to approach riskSA and to ask them to publish how they intend to fix the current issue. Just my 2 cents.
Karl

pa
pajerofan

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi guys this is the first time im wrighting on the club forum, and acscuse my spelling. Unfortanitly i bumpt my rear bumper last saterday damaging the left rear corner as well as the two left rear tail lights. All the parts has to come from japan and i dont think the car will be ready before the panelshop closes mid desember due to the parts problem. Has anyone ever tried importing the parts himself? If so, how do you go along by doing it. ;)
Greg_SA
Vehicle: 2008 Pajero DiDc LWB

Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:40 am

harras wrote:My PJ went for its 140000km service at Mitspro on Friday. Freek Jnr. informed me that they only received locally made Diesel filters from MItsu SA. I phone Mitsu Brooklyn while waiting and enquire on the diesel filters. Reply was NO STOCK IN SA but local is OK. Freek Jnr informed me that he will not fit the local filter to the Gen 4 DiDc as it causes early morning starting problems. It is apparently OK for use on the DiD. Mitspro did the service without replacing the filter and said that they will phone me when they get genuine replacement parts. Now, if MM SA run out of standard service parts, then it becomes a issue.
Anyone know if the filters have different part numbers?
2008 Pajero DiDc LWB GLS
2005 Pajero DiD SWB GLS (sold)
Dean Stephens
Vehicle: Pajero GLX

Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:05 am

Dean Stephens wrote:The Throttle Body ordered 28 August arrived today.
And I only know it's there cause I phoned and asked, too much trouble to call me I guess.
Just for the record, when I collected it we discovered they had imported the wrong part. The Pajero is now running well with a "used" spare from a kind fellow Pajero owner.
Voete1wp
Vehicle: Pajero 3,5 lwb and 3.8 swb

Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Hallo.

Ek het ook regtig n probleem om parte vir my Pajero's in die hande te kry deur Kuilsrivier Agente,ok ek gee toe almal het probleme gehad toe ons land se vragmotors aan die brand gesteek isom en bySept.maand en die ouens geweier het om te beweeg,dis nou al 2 maande wat ek wag vir n Gen3 Caliperkits,dink net as n man nie n plan kon gemaak het nie het my voertuig nou nog op bokkies gestaan.
Ek dink regtig ons ouens wat hul ondersteun moet n slag ons stemme dik maak.

Groetnis
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 am

Must say that I was pleasantly surprised when I needed clutch, pressure plate and Dual mass flywheel recently while on tour and had problems on my 10 year old manual Pajero 3.2 Did 2001. I was stuck in Vanrhynsdorp which incidently had a Mitsu agent and ALL parts were available in SA. Some in Cape Town, the closest big city about 300km away, and some from Imperial stock warehouse in Johannesburg! In the end I could get it fixed and continue with my holiday. Getting the parts to where I was during the off festive holidays that I was there was a bit of a logistical nightmare but got it done in the end with some help from a lot of people!

CATS

Sent from my GT-P7100 using Tapatalk 2
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register