Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
an
andrew.ashton

Re: Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Mon May 21, 2012 9:01 am

I suppose there are three themes here:

1. Availability of regular service parts (belts, filters, brake pads, etc). Critical for keeping vehicles on the road and properly serviced.
2. Availability of non-service parts - in my case body parts. Not so critical perhaps - but annoying and worrying.
3. The HUGE (like around 50%) variations in prices quoted from what appears to be the same computer system. Something smells?

Per this post https://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/view ... =26&t=3547 (Gen 3 Rear Door (5th door) lock)
=Self
1. Only available as a complete sub-assembly. Quoted part number LMR432775 at R870 by Sandown Motors Bryanston - but no stock. Their system showed 1 at Mitsubishi Motors East Rand. When I phoned East Rand they told me R1290 but no stock.
2. With none in stock then 3 - 4 weeks ex import.

CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:04 pm

It seems that this 4-6 week story is just the standard brief given by the parts people.

I have now for the third time in a row ordered a non service type item, in this case a new intercooler for the 3.2 DID, and every time got this no stock 4-6 week story and every time they give me a ring 3 days later and tell me the part is there! So I really believe the stock issue currently is not a real one but rather maybe a percieved one, created by the parts people themselves.

So dont be put off when they tell you no stock 4-6 weeks! If my experience is anything to go by just order and get it within couple of days!

CATS

Sent from my GT-P7100 using Tapatalk 2
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
bu
buurman

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:32 am

I have ordered a radiator cap and thermostat 4 weeks ago, paid the “estimated” price as requested. When I went to collect parts last week, I was informed that the real price was almost double the original estimate, I had to pay to get the parts ordered. In my case it was not much, but what if you ordered items costing a couple of thousand rand, and you get a surprise like that.
Does anybody maybe have the same experience?
Wi
Wilddog

Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:29 am

I have not experienced any real problems obtaining parts but use two dealers for pricing. I requested quotes on glow plugs yesterday for my Colt. The dealer in Boksburg quoted R609 each + VAT and the dealer in Sandton quoted R385.50 + VAT. When I enquired as to the difference I was told that it was probabally old stock on offer. OK, So the new stock went up 58% !!! I ended up purchasing from Diesel Electric R212 each.

The dealer in Boksburg also quoted R1600 for suspension bolts for the Paj, I bought them in Sandton for R400 ! It definetley pays to shop around but one has to ask why should it be nessasary. Also the perception is that you pay a higher price at the "stealers" so if the price is high in Sandton, what do you call the price in Boksburg? Daylight robbery???
CF
CFJ

Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:50 pm

JohanV wrote:Hi Simon,

Suggestion that we also distinguish between normal service parts and other parts that will take time.

Some service parts i ordered were brake pads that took 6weeks to arrive.

other part i ordered and paid for is the PC cluster board that was told will take 4weeks to arrive. Today is 4weeks and i hope to go and collect this part today. This is not a normal service part and make sense that they dont keep stock at our local mitshu parts shop these parts.

But they really should have brake pads and other service parts readily available.

Regards

Johan
Hi

I hear what you saying,but strangely my heat gauge and petrol gauge were also faulty.True to agents its not a part they keep in stock(Meter assembly).Have to order from overseas-4 weeks.
Sorry i feel Mitsubishi South Africa must keep parts.We might as well buy Dodge RAMS out of USA and import parts.Its actualy pethetic of them.
I think the hole Pajero club must let them know what we are unhappy about.

CFJ
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:38 am

I needed the indicator light in left wing mirror (Gen4).

Next day it was in my posession - at a princely R1400 :o

A nice tick next to Union Motors in Nelspruit and Fourie Pretorius for his friendly and knowledgable service.

My advice if the Lowveld Pajero owners need parts: call Fourie direct.
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 pm

OK so I also now have problem with parts. Waiting for rear cv joint boots at R900 at side!!! 8-o

They said 4-6 weeks and it has been one week now. Maybe I must just fit pirate parts and get it over and done with! They cost 1/10 the price so even if the quality is not as good they can't be that bad?

CATS
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Ch
Chriswm

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:13 am

I have been waiting exactly 7 weeks now for for a simple fan belt tensioner assembly after a bearing failure. Second time that I have to wait many weeks (read "months") for new Mitsubishi parts.

Planned to replace my double cab with a Pajero next year - so will now rather consider a Prado or something because of the worsening Mitsubishi parts problem.
Dean Stephens
Vehicle: Pajero GLX

Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 am

The Throttle Body ordered 28 August arrived today.
And I only know it's there cause I phoned and asked, too much trouble to call me I guess.
Last edited by Dean Stephens on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qo
qoda

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:39 pm

In the spirit of giving both positive and negative feedback... I order a new coolant temp. sensor for my '94 Gen 2 and had the part 3 days later. Thanks to the parts manager at Mitshubishi Boksburg (Cargo Motors). Excellent service.

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register