Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
paw_by_paw
Vehicle: 3.5 L Pajero LWB Blister Fender

Re: Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:10 pm

Much to my surprise I was looking for the two special nuts that fastens the ignition to the steering column and went to Mitsu in Secunda yesterday morning and parts salesman said it will be here at 15h00. I thought OK that remains to be seen.
Sure as anything there were my nuts/bolts and the price About R16,00 each vat included. Must add my car is 99 Blister and was not expecting to get those bolts anyways.
Surprises do happen. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

''Life Can Be Good - It Can Be Exceptional Too ' !!!
cloyd
Vehicle: Pajero GLS

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:47 pm

15/12/2011

Hi guys,

In the latest Leisure Wheels (Jan 2012) a Mr Braam Faul, Mitsubishi Motors SA's Marketing Manager has the following to say: "Any customer who is underwhelmed by a parts or service experience is requested to contact us as soon as possible so we can intervene. Call head office at 011 552 6000".

All of us who have problems with spares and / or services, let us test him!! This might be a new beginning!

Cloyd.
cloyd

Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:55 pm

15/12 2011

Hi guys, This is a repeat of a previous message that I tried to post.

In the latest Leisure Wheels (Jan 2012 issue) a Mr Braam Faul, Mitsubishi Motors SA's Marketing Manager had the following to say: "Any customer who is underwhelmed by a parts or service experience is requested to contact us as soon as possible so we can intervene. Call head office at 011 552 6000".

I would like to suggest that all of us who have spares or service problems contact him and test him!! This might be a new beginning for Mitsubishi.

Cloyd.
cloyd

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:09 pm

Hi guys, this is the third time that I try to post some info on spares availability.

In the latest Leisure Wheels (Jan 2012 i9ssue) a certain Mr BRAAM FAUL, Mitsubishi Motors SA's Marketing Manager wrote the following: " Any customer who is underwhelmed by a parts or service issue is requested to contact us as soon as possible so we can intervene. Call head office at 011 552 6000".

All of us who have spares / service problems, let us give him a test to see if he can produce!!!

Cloys.
Transkeicowboy
Vehicle: Pajero Gen 3 LWB V6

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:51 pm

I bought a viscous fan clutch for my Gen 3 on monday. It arrived tuesday and was fitted that day.

Drove the Pajero yesterday afternoon and it overheated again (up to the 3/4 mark when I arrived home. So went back to my mechanic and asked him to check the fan.

The engine was at "normal" operating temp (just below halfway on the gauge). He asked me to switch the engine on and we stuck a roll of newspaper lightly against the fan. The fan stopped without any hesitation and it therefore seems that the clutch is not working at all.

So we phoned the local dealers (Ronnies Motors) who told us that I will now have to wait 6 weeks to get the part from Japan. What a pain in the ass!

Firstly to be supplied with a part that is not operational (and at a cost of R 2800.00 mind you) and then to be told oh if that one deosn't work you will just have to wait 6 weeks....
cloyd

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Hi guys,

Some time ago, I posted some info provided by the General Manager Mitsubishi Motors SA - Mr Braam Faul - but can not find it on the system. In a letter to the latest Leisure Wheels issue (Jan 2012issue), he states: "Any customer who is underwhelmed by a parts or service experience is requested to contact us as soon as possible so we can intervene. Call head office at 011 552 6000".

Give him a call and test his words.

Cloyd
Transkeicowboy

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Thanks will give that a try!
RoelfleRoux
Vehicle: 2008 3.8V6 LWB Pajero

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:29 am

4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:22 pm

Jakes wrote:Het groot skok vandag gekry toe ek 'n prys op 'n engine olie filter by Porters wat nou ons Mitsh agent is kry.

'n filter was altyd so in die omgewing van R90.00 maar Imperial se prys is net oor die R300.00 vir die filter.

Toe ek die parts salesman vra hoe hulle dit regkry was sy antwoord net dood eenvoudig, dit is Imperial se prys.

So dit lyk my parte gaan bekikbaar word maar wel teen 'n prys.
Please can you elaborate on this?

I bought an oil filter at Ronnies a few days ago for under R100. I mentioned this R300 to him and he was shocked.

He said that the prices should be the same across the country and he can't imagine how he even managed to change the price (if you got an invoice for it?) if it is in fact the 4m41 oil filter.

Please can you post up the invoice detail with part numbers etc.

My contact (don't want to blurt his name without consent) at Ronnies East London would like to take it further if foul play is involved.
Transkeicowboy

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:47 pm

went past the Mitsu dealer on saturday to discuss my issues and apparently as shipment of parts has recently arrived and I should have my part on tuesday. Holding thumbs! :D

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login  •  Register