Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
pblaauw
Vehicle: 1997 SWB Pajero 3L V6

Re: Do you have problems sourcing NEW parts

Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Took 3 weeks to obtain some thrust washers for my 4M40 rebuild..

We're in the market for a new platkar, and I spotted a stunning Lancer a week or so ago. Decided not to even bother looking at it, due to Imperial and their no-parts policy.
RoelfleRoux
Vehicle: 2008 3.8V6 LWB Pajero

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:25 am

Minor irritation:

Noticed this weekend that the left brake light isn't working.
First thing Monday morning phoned the agents. "Yip, they have a bulb". Great and I threw in a new oil filter and a can of Mitsu coolant.

Drove the 50km yesterday to the dealer and confidently strutted to the parts counter. I had everything typed out on a sheet of paper: my car's VIN No, the parts Nos (as given to me) and the friendly, efficient and knowledable gent's name who helped me on the phone.

Same guy enters my needs into his computer and issues me with an invoice. "Just go to the cashier, pay for this and when you return with your receipt, will the guy at the next door counter fetch the parts for you".

Great stuff, off to the pretty lady and I hand over my card. Man, life is great in the Pajero world.

Return to the specified counter and hand over my receipt. Another gent efficiently writes me an exit pass to enable me to drive my Pajero out of the security gates. Wow - life gets even better.

OOPS - sorry sir, no brake light bulb. The one on our system isn't on the shelf.

The friendly and efficient service didn't end there. I explained my unwillingness to drive a 100km return trip for a R20 bulb. The gent immediately made a plan and the light will be delivered to my indi in town - hopefully on Thursday afternoon.

In all not a train smash or huge inconveniance - I'm just amazed that the only "legal" Pajero service centre in the whole Lowveld does not have at least a few light bulbs on their shelves.
Vilgrim
Vehicle: 1999 Pajero IO 1.8i 5Door

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:14 pm

Hello,

Coming from the motor industry I can tell you that warehouses work on fast, medium and slow moving parts with another section called dead parts. Some warehouses have different levels of slow movers as well. Basically dealers only keep fast and medium parts which they sell and restock every 30-90 days. Most dealers work on the 60 day period, if it does not sell in 60 days they don't keep it. Warehouses keep all the rest but even then they don't keep dead stock or items that sell very slowly. That explains the constant need for importing.

Parts availability I can still handle but the price differences is very strange. For example, front pads for my 1999 IO 1.8 are R1245 excl vat but at Midas R619 Incl. Yet a reverse light switch is only R134 excl vat. Seals are cheap usually costing only around R70 but a fake leather gear lever boot from Mitsubishi is R697 excl vat.

I cannot understand why some parts are priced very reasonably and then others are madly priced.
1999 Pajero IO 1.8 5 Door
andrew.ashton
Vehicle: Pajero DID3.2 LWB Auto (2002)

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Vilgrim wrote:Hello,

I cannot understand why some parts are priced very reasonably and then others are madly priced.
Or a left hand front windscreen wiper blade R40 but a rear window wiper blade R149 (but only R40 at Autozone)!
Andrew Ashton
2002 Pajero 3.2 Di-D LWB A/T
View my photos on flickr
nicosw
Vehicle: 1997 2.8 LWB

Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:37 am

Hi Guys

I ordered all the transmission swithces and vacuum valve for the super select from Jannie at east rand. Got all of it within 4 hours.
RoelfleRoux
Vehicle: 2008 3.8V6 LWB Pajero

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:02 am

Thanks for sharing the good news.
craig
Vehicle: 2000 pajero swb 3.5

front wheel bearings

Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:52 am

Hi to all
I hope that somebody out there can help me.I have a 3.8 swb 1999 pajero [grey import]i need front wheel bearings,I have been told none available in South Africa.Is this correct or do I have to import.That would be expensive.I hope somebody has good news for me thanks.
Craig
andrew.ashton
Vehicle: Pajero DID3.2 LWB Auto (2002)

Re: front wheel bearings

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:45 am

craig wrote:Hi to all
I hope that somebody out there can help me.I have a 3.8 swb 1999 pajero [grey import]i need front wheel bearings,I have been told none available in South Africa.Is this correct or do I have to import.That would be expensive.I hope somebody has good news for me thanks.
Craig
Hi Craig,
Have you tried Masterparts in Cape Town (+27(21) 657-5757)?
Andrew Ashton
2002 Pajero 3.2 Di-D LWB A/T
View my photos on flickr
Titan Irrigator
Vehicle: Pajero Sport

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:48 am

My experience this week was: 3.2 Di D thermostat - no stock at any dealers in SA (R185) . Found Echlin unit at Auto Zone for R280.
Crankshaft pulley ( mine separated) . Purchased off the shelf at Port Elizabeth dealers for R 2200. I was stunned that we didn't even need to go national to source it...
Who would have predicted that scenario?

Alan

2010 Pajero Sport
Yes , it IS a sport again......
FishEagle
Vehicle: Pajero Sport QE

Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:39 pm

I had to wait over 2 months last year for a new Break Caliper. On 29 July this year i was advised by MM that i need to order :
* Rear Mounting Insulator
* Rear Support Bracket
* Bushes
* Damper
* Front Stabiliser link kit L & R
* Front Stabiliser Bushing (Bushing, ENG X 8, Collar, ENG R X 4, Cushion ENG, Damper T/F d, Link FR Susp, Link FR Susp X 2, Bushing FR S X 2

WHY AM I STILL WAITING, WHY CANT I AS THE CUSTOMER GET THESE ITEMS HIGH SPEED AIRFREIGHTED AT MY OWN COST. WHY MUST I WAIT 2 MONTHS !!!!

I am so frustrated i cant believe this. :evil:

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”