Antenna Problem_???

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
le
leonscriven

Antenna Problem_???

Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Guys,

When i bought the Pajero 3.2 DID i was aware of the Antenna not working and thought it would be a small problem as it seems that the most common problem is the mask that needs to be replaced.
The past weekend i unscrew the nut that hold the mask with the cable to see if I can only replace with a new mask, no cable to be found :shock: .
The question thus is, how do I test the motor with out removing all the covers to get to the antenna motor?
Can not hear any motor running when switching the radio on :shock:
If i remove the Antenna and motor, where do I find a new motor as the Pajero guys in V`town is quoting me R 3.5k :cry:
Would like to fix this and any advice/help would be highly appreciated - Leon

CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Re: Antenna Problem_???

Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Leon

Any aftermarket antenna motor should work I would guess. Maybe try Midas or such. I would however not bother. Just replace it with a normal whip antenna. The telescopic ones are prone to getting ripped off.

CATS
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
overambitious
Vehicle: lada niva

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi leon,

If the mast is broken, you will need to remove the motor , open it and pull the broken piece out before you can fit a new one.

You should still be able to hear the motor running if it is just the mast that has broken, so it sounds like the motor is either faulty or is not getting power. Either way it will, probably be best to pull the motor out so that you can test everything properly and see where the problem is.

Thanks
Conrad
He
Herman 6609

Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:38 pm

Ek het myne met n cd antenna vervang,kos R320 en werk baie beter as die oorspronklike antenna
Lock
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 2002

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:37 am

Hi Leon If you are in the process, replace the aerial with a normal whip antenna. The standard one snaps of the first time you get into the bush. (Unless you remember to switch the radio off!) The whip antenna is also about a third of the price of the telescopic unit before the motor.
If you can feel the grass between your toe's, your flying too low!
3.5 GLS F/LIF 1998 Lost to the x wife
3200 Tdi GSL 2001 Written off
3200 Di-D 5Dr A/T 2002 338 000 Sold
3500i A/T 5Dr 2001 Sold
3.2 Di-Dc GLS A/T 2008
De
Dewald

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:20 am

Herman 6609 wrote:
Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:38 pm
Ek het myne met n cd antenna vervang,kos R320 en werk baie beter as die oorspronklike antenna
Herman, kan jy dalk onthou waar jy die cd antenna gekoop het ?
cloyd
Vehicle: Pajero GLS

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Mast replacement. Easy! provided that you can get hold of the tip of thebroken off piece. Get somebody to switch-on the radio whilst you pull the stump on the outside. It WILL come out. Buy a new mast - approx. R900 at Pajero the last time I replaced mine. To install. Get SWAMBO or Johnie or … to switch the radio OFF.. You at the same time on the outside stick the plastic geared thinghie in the hole and let the motor rewind it. Guide the geared plastic and the mast into the hole and Bob is your uncle. It will work. If the inside assistance is not too sleepy, it should not take more than a minute or two.

Cloyd
Graemem
Vehicle: 2001 Pajero 3.2 LWB

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Replaced my antenna with a short whip cost R50 at Autozone and took ten minutes to install. A whole lot cheaper and less stressful than wondering when you're going to break it again.
CPK
Vehicle: Pajero 2007 3.2 GLX DID

Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:28 pm

Hi
Can you please give the steps how to replace the antenna with a whip antenna.?
Thanks
V for Vendetta
Vehicle: 3.8 SWB

Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:48 pm

I did put a whip in, but you need the special Spanner to tighten it up with. So i binned it and I put in a Golf Bee Sting in, R 50.00 and no problems with reception, car washes etc. The whip if I remember cost me about R 180.00 ex vat. Be prepared for scrapped skin and the like when you remove the front wheel inner liner to get access to the old antenna. It took me about a couple of hours to put it in, re-route the cable and tidy up.

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register