Brandstof verbruik van Pajero`s

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
peterpot
Vehicle: 2009 Pajero 3.2 SWB

Re: Brandstof verbruik van Pajero`s

Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:40 pm

You do not state which motor you have. The consumption you are getting is about right to very good for the 3.2 and excellent for any other engine. Go back and smack that salesman!

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Philip C, if you always believe a word out of a car salesman's mouth then I am afraid you will forever be disappointed. The specs they stick on the windscreen of a car and publish in the manual is achieved by computer software, it is not a real world test and the consumption will never be achieved, no matter how well you drive. Not for any car on the market today, except of course a pure electric car ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
NeliusScheepers
Vehicle: Pajero LWB 3.2 diesel 2012

Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi folks,
I have a 2012 3.2 DiD. I read up on the subject a bit and my conclusion was the best way to improve consumption is to remove resistance from your engine.
So I had a free flow exhaust fitted and removed the cat.
In town I now average 7-8km/L and 10-11km/L.
I might fit a chip at some stage but I believe it will enhance power output rather than fuel consumption.

Lo
Logicmaster

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:21 am

NeliusScheepers wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:23 pm
I might fit a chip at some stage but I believe it will enhance power output rather than fuel consumption.
Good day,
Just want to add to this - the Chips improves power and fuel consumption - I've Chipped my 3.6 V6 Pajero - and I've basically paid it back already with the fuel I've saved so far - yes if your foot is heavy, then you pay the price, but if you drive conservative, then with the chip you can really see a difference. I normally got close to 400L on a tank, after the Chip, I'm getting closer to 530L driving basically the same. Ok, sorry this is not really scientific, but I've had the chip in now for more than 2 years, and cannot remember the exact figures, but if I have the option again, I would do it.
Ra
Ravensnest

Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi
I have the 1999 Pajero 2.8 TDI and my fuel consumption on average is 7km/l and on the open road I get just over 9.2km/l on a very heavy body for that model, my dad has got the 2002 3.8l v6 short wheel base ltd edition and he went down to Richards bay pulling his off-road trailer and he got a whapping 11.5km/l its just not fair (he had his one set at Mitsubishi East Rand the week before they went away. I agree you have to way up fuel consumption with reliability and the pleasure of the ride and I don't mind filling my 92 liter tank every time.
That is my 20c for what it's worth
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:48 am

Ravensnest wrote:Hi
I have the 1999 Pajero 2.8 TDI and my fuel consumption on average is 7km/l and on the open road I get just over 9.2km/l on a very heavy body for that model, my dad has got the 2002 3.8l v6 short wheel base ltd edition and he went down to Richards bay pulling his off-road trailer and he got a whapping 11.5km/l its just not fair (he had his one set at Mitsubishi East Rand the week before they went away. I agree you have to way up fuel consumption with reliability and the pleasure of the ride and I don't mind filling my 92 liter tank every time.
That is my 20c for what it's worth
I think something went wrong with the fuel consomption calculation on that V6 Pajero.

There is also a small misunderstanding on the Pajero engine capacity, in 2002 the V6 was a 3.5L.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

KurtG

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:43 am

There is no way in hell that the V6 towing an off-road trailer would get that consumption, maybe 11.5 Liters per 100km but certainly not 8.7. Never!

- Kurt
Ro
RoelfleRoux

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:50 am

Kurt,
See my post as an example in diplomacy..

Ro
RoelfleRoux

Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:50 am

But yeah.... no way and never will that consumption happen

KurtG

Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:00 am

RoelfleRoux wrote:Kurt,
See my post as an example in diplomacy..Image Image

You were too subtle, we must do everything in our power to eliminate myths on forums such as this ImageImageImage

- Kurt

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register