Pajero DID,c 3.2 SWB Exceed Dashboard Rattle

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
Kl
Klause

Pajero DID,c 3.2 SWB Exceed Dashboard Rattle

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:09 pm

My 2013 DID,c also had the dash rattle. I took the dash board apart and re tighten/ glue every loose wire and bracket! No change
After a lot of sweat and tears I found out that it was the plastic where the windscreen and dashboard come together that rub against each other specially when outside air temp is cold! (plastic aircon ducting rub against lower dashboard surface and windscreen)
I pressed a piece of black foam in between the width/length of the dashboard and the windscreen deep enough in so that you can not see it, and that was the end of the irritating rattle noise

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Re: Pajero DID,c 3.2 SWB Exceed Dashboard Rattle

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:37 pm

Klause wrote:My 2013 DID,c also had the dash rattle. I took the dash board apart and re tighten/ glue every loose wire and bracket! No change
After a lot of sweat and tears I found out that it was the plastic where the windscreen and dashboard come together that rub against each other specially when outside air temp is cold! (plastic aircon ducting rub against lower dashboard surface and windscreen)
I pressed a piece of black foam in between the width/length of the dashboard and the windscreen deep enough in so that you can not see it, and that was the end of the irritating rattle noise
I can fix it permanently in 5min if you would like to have the cable ties installed, we also do brackets that stabilize the whole centre section and prevents movement. Let me know if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
KurtG

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Gen4 Dash Rattle - Statement from Mitsu SA

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t

- Kurt
Kl
Klause

Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:46 pm

Thanks I am happy like it is and I am to far from you...Hartenbos
Kl
Klause

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:49 am

i would like to mention:My impression of the structure and mountings of the Pajero Dashboard when I took it apart is, it looks strong and the mounting points is also good!!!! The only flaw is the plastics of aircon ducting and dashboard that rub against each other!!!! I based my opinion on experience of car re building and restoration threw the years. What I basically want to say, the dashboard is not going to fall apart!!!!!
Roelf_le_Roux

Re: RE: Re: Pajero DID,c 3.2 SWB Exceed Dashboard Rattle

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:55 pm

Klause wrote:i would like to mention:My impression of the structure and mountings of the Pajero Dashboard when I took it apart is, it looks strong and the mounting points is also good!!!! The only flaw is the plastics of aircon ducting and dashboard that rub against each other!!!! I based my opinion on experience of car re building and restoration threw the years. What I basically want to say, the dashboard is not going to fall apart!!!!!
That has always been the general opinion. It doesn't threaten to fall apart and the movement isn't necessarily the cause of a rattle. The brackets address the movement and the cable tie fix sorts that "windscreen" rattle out.
Tmullet
Vehicle: Pajero Exceed 2014

Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:50 pm

Hi! I have a 2015 Pajero Exceed with dashboard rattles. Anyone do the dashboard mod in Durban area?

Thanks
Ettienne

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
KurtG

Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:54 pm

Tmullet wrote:Hi! I have a 2015 Pajero Exceed with dashboard rattles. Anyone do the dashboard mod in Durban area?

Thanks
Ettienne

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
Unfortunately we don't have anyone in DBN but we may be able to help out when one of us travels down there. I will chat to John.

- Kurt
jo
jonnie105

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi Kurt,

I'm in the joburg area - if you're still offering the service how can I get hold of you ? very keen to get my Dash rattle sorted. New to this forum so unf don't seem to have the ability to PM yet.

Jon
KurtG

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:19 pm

jonnie105 wrote:Hi Kurt,

I'm in the joburg area - if you're still offering the service how can I get hold of you ? very keen to get my Dash rattle sorted. New to this forum so unf don't seem to have the ability to PM yet.

Jon
Call me on 083 six oh 4 8455, I'm available this weekend.

- Kurt

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register