Adding 2 stoke oil to diesel tank?

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
Sean Carritt
Vehicle: 1991 Mitsubishi Pajero v6 3litre 3 door,

Re: Adding 2 stoke oil to diesel tank?

Fri May 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Hi all would this work for a mk2 pajero 2800 intercooler turbo. The car is a 96 model and getting on in years. It does not smoke at all when you start or cold start. Just a puff of black smoke but however when you are cruising or take off from stop it pours out black smoke from the exhaust. It's a 4m40 engine. Would this assist us by putting in 2 stroke oil????

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2001 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLS

Mon May 15, 2017 8:00 am

Sean Carritt wrote:Hi all would this work for a mk2 pajero 2800 intercooler turbo. The car is a 96 model and getting on in years. It does not smoke at all when you start or cold start. Just a puff of black smoke but however when you are cruising or take off from stop it pours out black smoke from the exhaust. It's a 4m40 engine. Would this assist us by putting in 2 stroke oil????

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk
All the 2.8 pajeros do that.

A bit of stroke can only do good. Especially to lengthen the life of the infamous pump input shaft seal.
Marius Fourie
MY DIY WEBSITE
2005 Touareg R5 Air & Bi-Xenon
matteo
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DiD SWB

Sat May 25, 2019 9:26 am

4ePikanini wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:03 am
adding 2so is slightly worse for the environment as it most contains sulphur. That is why the manufacturers don't recommend it.

EGR systems are bad for engines but good for the environment. So we blank them off.

It has been noted by many how 2so can clean carbon deposits in n engine. It does it very well. It is designed to do that. It is also designed to lubricate.

Now who wouldn't want some extra lube in a R40k common rail pump that pumps 2000 bar. Yes, 2000 bar! And who wouldn't want their combustion chamber and rings and VGT turbos free of carbon?

I use it in the company fleet and my own car consisting of

Mitsu 3.2 diesel gen4
Triton 2.5 TD
Ford Ranger 2.5TD
Land Cruiser 4.0 V6
Touareg 2.5 TDi
CAT D6 bulldozer
Landini Tractor
Kubota D45

Other than my touareg which was a lemon to start with at the beginning but since then no turbo, egr, or injector issues on any of them. That's a much bigger dataset and a more real world result than that sasol test (the sasol test indicated that your injectors would completely fail in about 16'000km based on their fouling percentage - clerly that's not the case)
Any specific brand/grade that you are using? 2 years too late but better late than never.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2001 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLS

Sat May 25, 2019 1:24 pm

matteo wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:26 am
4ePikanini wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:03 am
adding 2so is slightly worse for the environment as it most contains sulphur. That is why the manufacturers don't recommend it.

EGR systems are bad for engines but good for the environment. So we blank them off.

It has been noted by many how 2so can clean carbon deposits in n engine. It does it very well. It is designed to do that. It is also designed to lubricate.

Now who wouldn't want some extra lube in a R40k common rail pump that pumps 2000 bar. Yes, 2000 bar! And who wouldn't want their combustion chamber and rings and VGT turbos free of carbon?

I use it in the company fleet and my own car consisting of

Mitsu 3.2 diesel gen4
Triton 2.5 TD
Ford Ranger 2.5TD
Land Cruiser 4.0 V6
Touareg 2.5 TDi
CAT D6 bulldozer
Landini Tractor
Kubota D45

Other than my touareg which was a lemon to start with at the beginning but since then no turbo, egr, or injector issues on any of them. That's a much bigger dataset and a more real world result than that sasol test (the sasol test indicated that your injectors would completely fail in about 16'000km based on their fouling percentage - clerly that's not the case)
Any specific brand/grade that you are using? 2 years too late but better late than never.
I use any JASO FC specification 2so.
Marius Fourie
MY DIY WEBSITE
2005 Touareg R5 Air & Bi-Xenon

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register

Login  •  Register