Maintenance Information Required

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
Philip12
Vehicle: Pajerosport 2012

Maintenance Information Required

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:25 am

Hi fellow Pajero owners,

Hoping to be a bit proactive and make sure my vehicle is properly maintained, especially seeing as she's getting to be an old lady now - approaching 220 000KM.

The owner at Hi Way Motors (a Bosch service centre) in East London asked if my Cam belt had ever been changed when I called to book a service, which got me thinking, as I haven't done any major replacements since I bought the car at around 147 000KM. Although fuel pump was overhauled at about 196 000KM (dirty fuel buggered me properly) along with a whole fuel supply clean up, from tank to engine back to the tank - along with this the suction control valve was replaced.

I also think the injectors are still original, doubt the previous owner would have replaced them before 140 000KM and I'm currently running fine, consumption is still pretty normal, no noticeable smoke, etc.

So, going into 220 000KM - what should I do, or have had done to keep her running as smoothly as she is at the moment?

Keep in mind I'm on a budget :roll: :D

Oh, btw, driving a 2010 Pajerosport 3.2 DiD GLS A/T

Ro
RoelfleRoux

Re: Maintenance Information Required

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:56 am

Your service guy at Bosch is going to have a tough time replacing the cambelt. The 3.2 DiD motor is blessed with a chain. A visual inspection of the chain and chain guide is however a very good idea.

Do you know when which oils were replaced? The auto transmission, tranfer box and diffs should get done every 60k. The best you can hope for up to now is that the transmission was drained (about half the oil) and replaced on schedule. At some point you will have to consider a flush and new filter.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

rmajal
Vehicle: PAJERO 3.2 DID 2001

GEN3 3.2 DID Engine Overall

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Good day all,

I had a disappointed with a Mitsubishi Mechanic a year ago who redone all the seals around the motor due to so many leaks + rear main seal at a cost of R11k.
After complaining to him so many times he never seemed bothered to attend to the issues on the engine.

Anyways, what is the estimate cost to overall a 2001 3.2DID? And what would an engine overall include?
Any honest mechanical workshops in CT?

Thanks in advance
Philip12

Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 am

Haha, thanks Roelf. Thank goodness for that. Now I'm not so sure of this guy anymore :| . Anyway, what would you expect them to check on the chain? Anything specific and measurable? I'm a bit scared of a non specific visual inspection, because one guy's okay is another's 'oh dear'.

General oil change doesn't sound like the biggest deal in the world - might as well do it all and make sure it's been done. I think the transmission oil and diff oil was replace at around 170-190k KM (I remember they overfilled the transmission which I only found out after checking their work when I got home, can't trust these guys), somewhere around there, but I think flush and filter in addition to replacing all oils would be wise at this point.

Difficult to trust these mechs, especially the dealer service centres. I'd rather go in and tell them exactly what to do and then just hope they do a quality job. Too many bad experiences.
Kennekam
Vehicle: 2005 Paejero GSL LWB DiD

Re: GEN3 3.2 DID Engine Overall

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 pm

rmajal wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 pm
Good day all,

I had a disappointed with a Mitsubishi Mechanic a year ago who redone all the seals around the motor due to so many leaks + rear main seal at a cost of R11k.
After complaining to him so many times he never seemed bothered to attend to the issues on the engine.

Anyways, what is the estimate cost to overall a 2001 3.2DID? And what would an engine overall include?
Any honest mechanical workshops in CT?

Thanks in advance
Talk to Alan Kessel at ANG in Killarney Gardens. Been using them for years....
2005 Pajero GLS LWB DiD
Geolander AT/S, FrontRunner roofrack, OME, dual-battery
Nikon D4, 500VR
Philip12

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:56 pm

Transfer box and diff oil+labour was quoted at around R1100, transmission oil+transmission oil filter+labour at R3200.

Is this reasonable? Didn't expect the job to be this expensive, but seems it's a bigger job and the oil and filter more expensive than I thought.
Kennekam
Vehicle: 2005 Paejero GSL LWB DiD

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:22 pm

Philip12 wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:56 pm
Transfer box and diff oil+labour was quoted at around R1100, transmission oil+transmission oil filter+labour at R3200.

Is this reasonable? Didn't expect the job to be this expensive, but seems it's a bigger job and the oil and filter more expensive than I thought.
I had mine done in April last year. The gearbox filter was R932.50 from the agents. The 7 liters of gearbox oil was R873.95. Labour was R1100. Alan felt its best to get the gearbox filter and oil from Mitsubishi.
2005 Pajero GLS LWB DiD
Geolander AT/S, FrontRunner roofrack, OME, dual-battery
Nikon D4, 500VR

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register