Serious gearbox problems please i need help any reply are welcome

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
HSAID
Vehicle: mitsubishi pajero 3.2 did 2000 5 door

Serious gearbox problems please i need help any reply are welcome

Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi members i from maputo mozambique i drive a mitsubishi 3.2 gen 3 i bought second hand but since that any trip i do with the car after 30 min or 15 min drive 120 or 100 km/h the neutral light start to blink then doesnt change gears he keep on 3thr gear i have to stop to the engine cool down but no overheating after that then the ATF start to leak from the torque sealant to the gearbox i change took out the gearbox bought new sealant next trip hapen again i bought a second hand gearbox same problem thats why i need any help ima spendig a lot off money on this problem that i could not find the problem seems the problem dosent come form the gearbox. Help guys urgent please . Sory for my english.

Sent from my TECNO K7 using Tapatalk

CasperA
Vehicle: 2006 Pajero LWB 3.2 Did

Re: Serious gearbox problems please i need help any reply are welcome

Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:09 pm

If you get under car. On the passenger side of the bell housing there is a speed sensor plug. Make sure it makes contact. It may look if it is plugged in. But press it and make sure it is in. Does the gears change if you shift it with the gear lever?
HSAID
Vehicle: mitsubishi pajero 3.2 did 2000 5 door

Re: Serious gearbox problems please i need help any reply are welcome

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:10 pm

CasperA wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:09 pm
If you get under car. On the passenger side of the bell housing there is a speed sensor plug. Make sure it makes contact. It may look if it is plugged in. But press it and make sure it is in. Does the gears change if you shift it with the gear lever?
Hi thanks for your reply when the neutral light is blink it doesn't change gears .

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”