Dust ingress at rear door

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
dennis55
Vehicle: Pajero SWB Di-D

Dust ingress at rear door

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:54 am

Hi All,

I have excessive dust entering the rear door of my Gen 4 2008 SWB.

I have new door rubber seals but on dusty roads I can see where the dust enters. So it is not the vent flaps etc that has been mentioned in other topics in this forum.

Is the door perhaps misaligned? Is there a way to adjust the door so it closes more tightly so the rubber seals fit closer on the frame?

Look forward to some suggestions as I will be going to Kgalagadi soon!

stevedcp
Vehicle: pajero 3.2 swb 2009

Re: Dust ingress at rear door

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:02 am

dennis55 wrote:Hi All,

I have excessive dust entering the rear door of my Gen 4 2008 SWB.

I have new door rubber seals but on dusty roads I can see where the dust enters. So it is not the vent flaps etc that has been mentioned in other topics in this forum.

Is the door perhaps misaligned? Is there a way to adjust the door so it closes more tightly so the rubber seals fit closer on the frame?

Look forward to some suggestions as I will be going to Kgalagadi soon!
Yes you can adjust the door on the striker, loosen two screws, and move it inwards.

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

ma
macjohnw

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 am

My experience is that the dust enters on the front part of the door's sill. See pics below. Dont know if adjusting the striker will help for that issue.
Attachments
20150918_120756 (Large).jpg
Dave
Vehicle: 2005 LWB Pajero 3.2 diesel

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:12 am

Have you by any chance had a second battery fitted with the Hella power outlet in the back of the car?
I have had the experience with two of my cars where the hole for the cable inlet is not properly sealed, and the dust appears to be coming through the back door, but is in fact coming through the hole drilled into the bottom of the car.
dennis55
Vehicle: Pajero SWB Di-D

Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:07 pm

Thanks Gents for the feedback.

Yes I have had a power cable run from the front and comes up into the compartment where the jack is stored. When I need the power cable I simply role it out and I have noticed it is very dusty in there.

That is the first hole to plug! I will then see if dust still enters.

Thanks again :)

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register