Water at passenger foot - Gen1

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
Ni
Niko

Water at passenger foot - Gen1

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi all,

Just bought an old Pajero Gen1 2.5 truck and cant wait to put it to the test !

But I'm having this issue with water getting into the passenger foot area. This happens when its raining and the truck is still. I've unscrewed a screw that's on the outer side and under of where the windscreen water seems to go ? That released some water but with another rain the same thing happened. I've been looking to find of where it might come from but havent found it yet.
The truck was at a downward inclination and now I put it at a upward position to see what happens. I've taken out the covers and now I see the metal. I dont see any signs of water elsewhere either the roof, the door or a route of water under the box that will lead me to the way in. I could say that it seems that it comes from the 1st hole where the carpet screws with the metal of the truck. Maybe I should put some silicone ?

Any ideas really welcomed !!

Many thanks !

Pa
Paulus

Re: Water at passenger foot - Gen1

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:52 pm

I would suggest that the leak is in the bottom corner of the windscreen.
It might be an idea to put some food colourant into a jug of water and pour it on the passenger side of the screen.
That way you can follow it's route
Good luck
Paulus
va
vaughn

Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:06 am

Morning all,

After you've checked that the windscreen is not leaking.Check your aircon drain pipe, first climb under the car, there should be a rubber hose that looks lonely. Check if its not blocked with mud or something, have you been off road lately? Wasps also like to nest in them especially if you been in the bush. Then check under the dash where the fan and all the aircon nonsense is on the passenger side ,look for that drain pipe where it comes through the floor make sure it still connected to the cover under the dash, sometimes your bigfoot passengers kick it loose. It is designed to drain the condensation out of the car. If it has been raining and there is high humidity it is worse. Also the fact that its on a slope tells me the catchment box under the dash is full.

regards

Vaughn
Ni
Niko

Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Hey Paulus thanks for the answer but I dont think its the windscreen, as this happens only when the truck is facing downwards on a a slight slope. After I've put it the other way (facing upwards) water has *not* gathered again ! If the reason was the windscreen then it would have appeared again.

Vaughn thanks also for your answer I will definitely check the hoses and yes I've been through mud and I'm around bushes ! Where exactly is this drain pipe of the aircon - inside or outside ? I've removed the carpet and the plastic cover on the passenger's footrest but I dont see any pipe.
Catchment box under the dash - again from the inside ? Catches water from where ?
Sorry but I'm kind of new !

Thanks !!
va
vaughn

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:45 am

Morning again,

Look under the vehicle, there should be a lonely pipe hanging out underneath , unless it got hooked and pulled off somehow. If you google it "Mitsubishi aircon drainpipe" dozens of images will pop up. Check it out you will find it. Its a common problem with aircons draining into the car.

Good luck.

Vaughn

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register