Cruise control cutting out unexpectedly.

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
bobguthrie
Vehicle: NM Pajero DiD auto

Cruise control cutting out unexpectedly.

Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:47 pm

I’ve posted and replied to other posts on this problem previously – my petrol NP and diesel NM both had the problem.
When towing up a hill at speed, the cruise control can shut down. Given the circumstances, in the time it takes you to react, you will have lost a lot of speed. And as there are no brake lights, following traffic can also get a nasty surprise.
It is a dangerous situation and all members should be aware of it and make a habit of put additional pressure on the accelerator on all hills.

Well here is another surprise, last week I had the same problem 3 times in a 2016 Toyota Prado 2.8 diesel auto.
It looks like there might be some sharing of computer code by Japanese automakers.
grim
Vehicle: 3.2 gen4 Pajero

Re: Cruise control cutting out unexpectedly.

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:58 am

Mine used to do it a lot.
It happens when the cruise control can't keep to the speed that you have set.

I recently had my injectors done (1 replaced and all reprogrammed) and it has made a huge difference both in power and fuel consumption., and as a by product of more power, it does not kick out of cruise control anymore. (it probably would still, but it now has the power to maintain the set speed for a lot longer)
Mitsu Fan
Vehicle: Pajero Gen 4 2015

Re: Cruise control cutting out unexpectedly.

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:04 pm

I suppose no easy answer to this one.

The idea is to cut the cruise control when the engine is in danger of moving below the maximum power for that speed, even if autos change down to maintain the speed.

Suppose the only way is to anticipate and override.

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”