Need help with Pajero iO repairs

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
Li
Lily Anne

Need help with Pajero iO repairs

Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi all,

I just bought a Pajero iO 1.8L last week. Within two days the clutch stopped working, and I'm in a sticky situation and would greatly appreciate some advice.

The "slave plate"(I don't know the formal term for it) was replaced late last year (I believe), Mitspro had said the master cylinder was in good condition, and only one minor issue relating to a boot was noted in the roadworthy test last week.

Mitsubishi dealership in Newcastle (unfortunately where the vehicle is now) quoted R18 000 to replace the pressure plate, release and pilot bearings and master cylinder. Is it possible that all of these parts break at once, after one trip from Pretoria to Harrismith? Or is it dealership protocol to just replace everything in the clutch when it breaks?

I've called Mr. Freek at Mitspro and Henk de Klerk at Pajero Maintenance Services. Both quoted less than half of the dealership quote, but I'm unsure who to trust for repairs.

Any and all advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

REAList
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DID GLS Swb

Re: Need help with Pajero iO repairs

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:18 am

Where did you purchase your Paj from.
You are covered by the Consumer Protection Act which covers you fairly well.
If its a dealer (of any kind) they must do the repairs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register