A couple of questions

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
Spets
Vehicle: 1999 Pajero Sport GLX 2.5 4d56

A couple of questions

Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:09 pm

Hello All,
New Pajero owner over here :D
I've got a 1999 pajero sport glx one year ago, had to do some maintenance, but in general it was really well kept. Using it as a daily drive, but i also want to do some offroad.
Now the time has come to change the shocks, and i was thinking about getting a little lift. Question is: how much can i lift it without any major work? And which brand of springs and shocks would you recommend?
The second question regards the diff lock (i'm not an expert on this matter, so forgive me): the glx come standard with a limited slip differential, but probably it's not going to be enough for really steep climbs. Can a pneumatic locker be a solution?
GreenMachine
Vehicle: 1997 LWB Pajero 3.5 v6

Re: A couple of questions

Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Hi Spets,

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding the lift, the most common lift that gets done is a 2 inch lift, IMHO I believe that these are the best suited with the least amount of fuss and also have a lower affect on other things like the front suspension due to it being independent suspension and the COG.

As far as I understand it you only need to do the coil springs as the stock shocks are still fine on a 2 inch lift, I'm sure someone with more knowledge on this could correct me if I'm wrong.

About the diff, the only time the locker is required is when go through some axle twisters. Long inclines and declines the limited slipp diff is still fine as long as the center diff lock is engaged.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spets
Vehicle: 1999 Pajero Sport GLX 2.5 4d56

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:21 pm

Thank you for your time =)
Still i'll need to replace both shocks and spings as they're suffering for the old age :P Not sure about the brand tho, but i guess i'll find something.
Charles Enever
Vehicle: 2012 Pajero SWB Exceed

Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi Spets

I have a 2013 SWB with EFS suspension springs. I want to restore it to the original height, and to this extent a friend of mine here in Strand sourced four coil springs.

When my conversion is complete you can buy the said coil springs from me.

I recently bought the car with these springs fitted, and my wife (the regular driver) complains that the car is too high for her (she is somewhat vertically challenged). We do not do any offload driving, so it makes sense to lower the car to it's original height.

Regards

Charles
Afdak
Vehicle: 2012 Pajero 3.2 DiD Legend auto

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:15 pm

Charles,
I am interested in your EFS.
Let me know what you want for it please.
072 232 7646
Thanks
Charles Enever wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:46 pm
Hi Spets

I have a 2013 SWB with EFS suspension springs. I want to restore it to the original height, and to this extent a friend of mine here in Strand sourced four coil springs.

When my conversion is complete you can buy the said coil springs from me.

Charles
Pajero 3.2D Legend auto 2012
Kia Sportage 2.0D auto 2014
Triton DC 3.2D 4x4 Auto 2009 - sold to buy the Paj
Terrano II SWB 1998 - sold to buy the Sportage for SWAMBO
Jurgens XT 140 with diy extension box
h_hezzah
Vehicle: Pajero NM 2001 3.5 Aut LWB

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:34 am

GreenMachine wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:25 pm
Hi Spets,

Welcome to the forum.

Regarding the lift, the most common lift that gets done is a 2 inch lift, IMHO I believe that these are the best suited with the least amount of fuss and also have a lower affect on other things like the front suspension due to it being independent suspension and the COG.

As far as I understand it you only need to do the coil springs as the stock shocks are still fine on a 2 inch lift, I'm sure someone with more knowledge on this could correct me if I'm wrong.

About the diff, the only time the locker is required is when go through some axle twisters. Long inclines and declines the limited slipp diff is still fine as long as the center diff lock is engaged.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Stock shocks are OK for a 2 inch lift. I replaced my rear stock springs (as they were sagging) with lifted OME springs and lifted the front with coil spacers only.
No problems with the shocks. I even compared the data of the OME & stock shocks and lengths are almost the same, that's why I decided to keep them till they end.
At the front I started with 30mm spacer which makes a 60mm lift, but ball joints and bushings suffered, so I lowered it to 20mm (40mm lift) .
mahmoud
Vehicle: Pajero SWB 2800 intercooler 2010 model

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:34 am

Hi Everyone my name is Mahmoud i am a new member i have a 2010 Pajero SWB 2800 inter cooler i have just fitted
33" tires, the car looks nice and wanted some advise on lift kit,the tires were also touching a bit on the mud guards but i managed to sort, i was advised not to fit them because the big tires will cause the bearings to go is it true and if so what is the solution thank you
mahmoud
Vehicle: Pajero SWB 2800 intercooler 2010 model

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:37 am

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”