Gen3 3.2 Di-d remapping of ecu

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
peterpot
Vehicle: 2009 Pajero 3.2 SWB

Re: Gen3 3.2 Di-d remapping of ecu

Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:01 am

BenjieMan wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:52 pm
Can Gen 3 be re-mapped? I have a Montero/Pajero DI-D 3.2 2002
Yes it can be remapped.
However you are placing the future reliability of the vehicle in the hands of someone. If something does go wrong you will not even get an apology!

bredsj
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DiD GLX

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:32 pm

I tow a 4x4 Echo trailer of more than 1100 kg (loaded) plus load on the roof rack with a Gen3. You don't don't need anything, especially not as artificial as a chip to get an extra 25 kW!! And I tow in automatic and I have done this for years.
HugoSchagen
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DiD SWB

Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:02 pm

bredsj wrote:I tow a 4x4 Echo trailer of more than 1100 kg (loaded) plus load on the roof rack with a Gen3. You don't don't need anything, especially not as artificial as a chip to get an extra 25 kW!! And I tow in automatic and I have done this for years.
Hi. Do u tow in 2h or 4h?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

bredsj
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 DiD GLX

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:39 am

I tow in 2-wheel drive most of the time, except on gravel roads (and obviously off-road) when I use 4h
Sh
Shauna

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:07 am

2002 Gen 3 cant be remapped tried to get my 2003 done at SACs modal year to old you can only get a chip fitted.
Johanma
Vehicle: 2013 Pajero 3.2 SWB

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:23 pm

I as a rule tow in auto and depending on the traffic (should I get stuck behind a slow moving verhicle) on Van Reenen I select manual, I do not have a hard and fast rule. I always select manual as soon as the gearbox starts hunting between gears.
BenjieMan
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Montero DI-D 3.2 2002

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:50 am

peterpot wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:01 am
BenjieMan wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:52 pm
Can Gen 3 be re-mapped? I have a Montero/Pajero DI-D 3.2 2002
Yes it can be remapped.
However you are placing the future reliability of the vehicle in the hands of someone. If something does go wrong you will not even get an apology!
Thank you for the advice!, I'll leave it as it is.
Sw
Sweis

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:53 am

Thanks for all the great advice and everyones input. After all my research i decided my beast will get small changes. I purchased a EGT guage here in the US and will install that after i removed the EGR (if the previous owner hasnt done it yet, but i doubt) Do a proper bumper to bumper check and go have a breat holiday.......afterall it is a mitsu!!!
thabogrobler
Vehicle: 2002 Hilux Kz-Te

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:10 pm

Everybody has their own opinion regarding remap or a chip.

Me, I have had excellent service from all Unichips that I had installed in a variety of vehicles.

The oldest and highest milage vehicle with a Unichip was my Hilux Kz-Te. Sold it almost 3 years ago at 433 000km and it is still running strong.

What kills a turbo diesel vehicle is EGT's(exhaust gas temperature).

Typically a remap or chip, amongst other things alter the fueling charateristics of the engine. Mostly it adds more fuel.

More fuel equals more heat and that leasdds to higher egt's. Over 720 degrees (Afair) you start melting pistons. Ideally I like to run a max of 620-650 degrees.

Now, most tuners is not equiped to measure anything, they just download new software and send you on your merry way.

I believe you can only manage what you can measure.

I exclusively use Dastek to chip and tune my vehicles. Your car gets setup on a dyno where every parameter of the engine gets measured whilst tuning to ensure an optimised setting for your engine.

No generic inplug chips or other hogwash.

I understand Arnold at Mitshitech is good with his software but personally have never made.use of his services - he has a dyno in his shop, thus he has the equipment to properly setuo an engine.

Don't let a R1000 saving fool you - the wrong tune can easily cost you an engine which will cost upward of R50k to properly recon.

O, and a last thought: A proper tuner does not work from the boot of his car!
ji
jimsutt

Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:49 am

Sweis wrote:Hi guys,

I recently joined and bought a 04 gen3 3.2 Di-d swb. I work in the USA and have not even driven the car and my gf at home is loving it. I will be home in two weeks and will have my first drive from the airport in it...lol.

My sole purpose of buying it was to tow my caravan, i had a ranger prior to the pajero but it was just to big for my gf as a 2nd vehicle when im not at home. It is a sprite storm and only weighs about 750kg. This group has so much info and i have been reading alot.

So my question is. Is it worth it to take the vehicle in for a dyno and re-mapping the ecu? I mailed a guy, that from his website, i suppose know the pajeros very well and he says he could add another 25 odd kw and about another 100Nm if everything is great.

I am going over van reenens pass with the caravan in december and every bit will help lol.

Thanks for all the great info on here. It is an amazing source of reading material for me. Cant wait to drive my car....

Thanks
You don't need to get it re mapped it will tow a 750 kg trailer easy you won't even know it's there..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register