CAR STARTS NORMALLY THEN CUTS OUT

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
Jo
JohnSteg

CAR STARTS NORMALLY THEN CUTS OUT

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:53 am

Good day All,

I have a 2010 Pajero 3.2 (Gen 4) that I purchased second hand a couple of years ago. The problem that I have is that the car starts normally, then sometimes cuts out after a few seconds of idling. The car then has great difficulty in starting and when it does is very rough for a few seconds. The car can go days and be normal or I can have this problem a couple of times in a single day. Has anyone on this forum had this problem and what was the solution?

My second question is what are the best brake pads to use. I did 40 000 km plus on my last set (not sure when previous owner replaced) and have now fitted Feroda pads - I'm told not the best? These Ferodas' leave a lot of brake pad dust on the mags, which the previous pads did not do. Would they have been O.E.M. ?

Thank you in advance for advice & regards
John

Greg_SA
Vehicle: 2008 Pajero DiDc LWB

Re: CAR STARTS NORMALLY THEN CUTS OUT

Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:03 am

Hi,

The idling issue could be the SCV on the diesel pump. I replaced6mine at about 120 000km. It also typically cause power surging at light throttle. It will need to get replaced at some point anyway, as they wear out.

Best brakes are from Power Brake -
Discs and pads. Otherwise I use ATE pads as well.

Cheers,
Greg
2008 Pajero DiDc LWB GLS
2005 Pajero DiD SWB GLS (sold)
DandB
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2D

Re: Brakes

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:21 pm

Hi,

I fitted Safeline to our Gen4 LWB late in 2016 & have done about 20 000 km so far with no problems to report.
All of the juddering problems with OEM have gone!

The rears are D3037, and the fronts D3072.

Cheers

Dave
Bernard
Vehicle: Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 LWB

Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:58 am

Hi Greg

What is an SCV and can you do it yourself/ Cost?

Thanks Bernard
Jo
JohnSteg

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:50 am

Thanks Greg & Dave

Much appreciated

Regards

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register