Highway Recovery

Got stuck? How to get unstuck. How to use your Pajero.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Highway Recovery

Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:17 am

Came across this guy stuck in a storm drain on the highway. He spun out on the wet road - I didn't ask details but luckily the bakkie didn't get damaged at all. I just had to pull him out.

The helpers just gave us a slight lift to get the first leaf spring over the concrete that blocked it.

I must say - I was amazed how eager people was to help once I stopped first and the passing traffic was very accommodating in waiting and driving by slowly.

pPQEAmwXOOU

CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Re: Highway Recovery

Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:55 pm

OK - Now I know what to get 4e Pikanien for his birthday - a Reflective vest! :lol:

Good of you to stop and help.

CATS
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:04 pm

CATS wrote:OK - Now I know what to get 4e Pikanien for his birthday - a Reflective vest! :lol:

Good of you to stop and help.

CATS
funny enough. Come to think of it, that white and blue striped shirt I wore might be the reason the Bulls lost on Saturday!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
JohanV
Vehicle: Pajero '01 - 3.2Di-D - LWB

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:01 pm

And here i thought the Reflective vest is standard issue with the pajero :lol: mine had one in the back when i bought it.

before i had the pajero we were on our way to Magaliesburg and it was getting late and we stopped at an accident scene where a triton had just rolled with 7 passengers in. there were only one person who stopped at that stage and us then to. After running around like a mad hatter for some time trying to direct traffic as the accident happened on a bend in the road SWAMBO asked the man if we can give him a reflector jacket ....... he paused for a while with this dumbstruck look of disbelieve in himself and responded "I'm a police man, i got one in my car"

so we will forgive 4ePikanini as even policeman forget to wear the vest some times :lol: :lol: :lol:

its a rare thing theses days for people actually to stop and help others in real need so well done to you ;)

Return to “Techniques (Driving, Recovery etc)”

Login · Register