Powder Coating a Roofrack

Travel in style, or perhaps not? What to take, What to leave behind.
Ni
NielvV

Powder Coating a Roofrack

Thu May 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Hi Guys!

I want to re-powder coat my Front Runner Wind Cheeta roofrack. The current piantjob is looking a bit tired! Will re-coating it make it last longer as well? Anyone know of someone that can do it for me in Cape Town/Winelands?

SimonB
Site Admin
Vehicle: 2017 Nissan X-Trail

Re: Powder Coating a Roofrack

Thu May 26, 2011 3:53 pm

Niel

Getting a roofrack re-powdercoatd is a moerovva job, and in fact I know that African Outback will not do it. They offered to redo mine and they eventually gave up and gave me a new roof rack.

There are a few places in Cape Town who said they would do it, but I'm now certain if the manufacturers wont do it, these guys probably won't be better off

See here
NielvV wrote:Hi Guys!

I want to re-powder coat my Front Runner Wind Cheeta roofrack. The current piantjob is looking a bit tired! Will re-coating it make it last longer as well? Anyone know of someone that can do it for me in Cape Town/Winelands?
Simon Bloomer
Ni
NielvV

Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 pm

thanks simon!

i'll contact frontrunner and see what they say....maybe they can help.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 pm

maybe approach getaway trailers who hot dip galvanise their trailers so they may be able to help you galvanise the roofrack or point you in the right direction.

After the galvanise I would consider buying a rubberising paint and paint it myself to give it extra protection and a soft touch.

Return to “Overlanding / Camping / Trail Equipment”

Login · Register