One foot in the dark side!

No need to hide! You'll eventually hanker for a Mitsu :) In the meantime perhaps we can still help.
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34 am

After a LOT of soul searching I decided that it really is time for a new car, having 3 kids it had to have a bit of size. I cant see myself in the new Pajero as it is just too much the same as my Gen3, which I intend to keep in case someone wants to stone me!

In the end I decided to take the plunge in faith and got a new, to me anyway, 2010 LR Disco4!!

Got it yesterday and it drives great, but must say it is amazing to note that my 2001 GLS Pajero also had a lot of the features that this new beast has.

Of course the engine is a total new modern unit in comparison and the touch screen gadgets are nice, but in essence the Pajero actually stands up very well on luxury fittings.

Off course time will tell if the new modern engine will match the current 274 000 hassle free kilos on the Pajie :o

CATS

Sent from my GT-P7100 using Tapatalk 2

2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Nick Gibson
Vehicle: 2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB (AKA Pedro 2.0)

Re: One foot in the dark side!

Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:45 am

Hi Cats

How does it wiegh up in terms of size inside? I was parked next to a LR Disco 4 a while back and didn't see much differance in size(outside dimensions though)?? Am sure the air suspension is excellent on gravel roads!
Nicholas Gibson

2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD Auto LWB
Mods:
ARB front bumper, OME, Lynx Bash Plate, Lynx Rock-sliders, Lynx rear steel bumper, Front Runner 40lt Long range tank, Madman EMS2 with EGT, dual battery system, 700FF spots

Corsa 1.4 Club (swambo)

Cape Town

"In my house I'm the boss, my wife is just the decision maker." - Woody Allen
SimonB
Site Admin
Vehicle: 2017 Nissan X-Trail

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Eish. I can't believe!!!!!
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:28 pm

If i had to get a LR it would be the Disco 4 TDV6.

Sacrilege non the less to post it here! ;)

Sent via iPad & Forum Runner
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Neil

Space wise it is not much bigger than the Pajero, if at all. The Pajie is deceptive in size as it looks smaller than what it actually is.

Must say I already miss one thing on the Pajero, my GLS had heated front seats std, where the HSE landy has this as option!

CATS

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
RedCat
Vehicle: 2007 LWB GLX Gen4

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm

CATS!!! Bloody Agent!

Congrats mate. My pop's took delivery of his new SDv6 SE recently. NICE! so quiet! i drove it around Sani, smooth! bumps don't exist when you drive that thing! Love it!

and the power delivery of the 'sequential' turbo is addictive!

BUT, I wouldn't trade my Paj for anything! I've truly bonded! :mrgreen:

Happy Miles buddy!
ma
macjohnw

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Sies :shock:
LowRange
Vehicle: Gen 4 GLX LWB

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:37 pm

It was in the Spring of 2005 when I too developed this incredible itch for a new set of wheels. Before long I had convinced myself that this itch could only be scratched with ONE vehicle – A Land Rover Discovery V8 ES. :D :shock:

After a brief search I found an immaculate demo unit and promptly proceeded to sell my Colt to a buddy and get all the paperwork done to make this Landy mine! :ugeek:

My excitement was however short lived (very short!) when, on the day of collection, I found my new baby – all polished up and spotless – on the showroom floor, with a big puddle of petrol under it. :evil: :oops:

The salesman had the excuses lined up and ready and promptly organized a replacement Disco for me to go home with. (SWAMBO had just dropped me off and left as, in her financial mind, I had not ticked all the boxes with this acquisition). :cry: :x I was not a happy chappy!

So, next morning I drop the kids at the crèche with the loan Disco. When I tried to leave there – nothing – bôkkerol – just lights blinking and nothing more. I had to lock it there and “klap-‘n-toon” home. Imagine the embarrassment! The Disco was later removed on a flatbed. :oops: :cry:

My relationship with Land Rover only lasted about 16 months and after an engine oil leak, gearbox oil leak, transfer case oil leak, etc, etc, I cut it short and got the pajie before the maintenance plan would run out.

Yes, this was still the Disco 2, and SOME SAY :twisted: :lol: , the Disco 3,4 is much better.

I can only wish you the best of luck CATS! ;)

(PS – try to stay within towing distance to the dealer for the first few months!) :twisted: :lol:
Johan
Gen 4 GLX 30th Anniversary Edition (Gravel :mrgreen: )
VW Tiguan 2.0TDi (Tar ;))
Bushlapa Boabab 4.2 in tow
pa
paw_by_paw

Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Cats nice way to go. Maybe the 4 is more reliable as all know the lot up to 3 has had its moments.So has many other top brands :!: My neighbor has a 3 and every day he complains about something that broke or fell off. Must add that 4 liter motor still sounds great.
Good luck and many happy miles . :mrgreen:
Da
Davidvan

Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi CATS,

Congrats on the new Disco, don't become a stranger on here though 8-) , and looking forward to hearing some details around it's performance, really nice looking vehicle those Disco 4's. Hope it serves you well.

Cheers

David

Return to “All Other Brands”

Login · Register