Pajero Workshop Recommendations

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
Ti
Titan Irrigator

Pajero Workshop Recommendations

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:43 am

This is an all too common story.

Someone opens a workshop with himself and one or two assistants.
All goes well initially while all the work is done personally.

Then, as the work load increases, the 'little' jobs of removing and replacing the sump plug are delegated.

This turns into a habit rather quickly. Before you know it, the task of pulling a head, or gearbox are being delegated too.

While collecting my vehicle one day from a small workshop that had been impressing me previously, I noticed the bonnet was not latched down.
Despite several attempts, involving increasing force, the owner of the workshop, couldn't close it either.
He shouts across the courtyard to a guy who is clearly not the reason I would be paying R250- R350 an hour to work on my vehicle , " What did you do here?"
That was a defining moment for me, as he had replaced the inter-cooler which required entire front bumper to be removed.
Apparently by himself, not the owner of the workshop, who I believed in.
Now it's all DIY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sa
Sandmedic

Re: Pajero Workshop Recommendations

Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 am

PROVINCE: Western Cape
METRO AREA (If Any): Brackenfell
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME: Van Zyl Auto Services
CONTACT PERSON: Dirk van Zyl
CONTACT DETAILS: 073 463 0974
Unit 1 B, Patrys Crescent, Okavango Park
SERVICE RENDERED: All mechanical
SERVICE SMILEYS: :D :D :D

I recently had my valve stem seals replaced and everything that goes along with that. I have never met a person more dedicated to quality work. What a pleasure. This guy is proud and knows what he is doing, doesn’t beat around the bush and kept me updated. Other well spoken of places in Cape Town have become too busy to provide this kind of quality service.
to
tonton

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:06 pm

PROVINCE: Western Cape
METRO AREA (If Any): Bellville (Stikland Industrial Area)
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME: CLAUDES AUTO SERVICES
CONTACT PERSON: Claude or Barry
CONTACT DETAILS: 0219493135 0219493125 0827602995 0832335878
SERVICE RENDERED: Replaced clutch and repaired gearbox - perfect job!

SERVICE SMILEYS (Out of 3, 1 being good, 3 being beyond reasonable): :) :) :)
ka
kaas

Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:16 am

I found Henk’s detail from Pajero Services and Maintenance on this forum. After requesting quotes from other workshops and even a Mitsubishi agents in Pretoria East (who assumed the 3.5 V6 was a diesel!) I decided to drive the 400km to Henk for a cambelt replacement and replacement of manifold butterfly seals and rubbers as it was leaking air on my 1996 3.5 V6 LWB. Henk did an excellent job at a very affordable price. Pajero has a lot more torque and very smooth idling. You can find Henk at Linevelt street 91, Wonderboom, Pretoria , 083 306 1848
ka
kaas

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:31 pm

PROVINCE:GAUTENG
METRO AREA (If Any):Pretoria (Wonderboom)
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME: PAJERO SERVICES AND MAINTENANCE
CONTACT PERSON: Henk
CONTACT DETAILS: 083 306 1848
SERVICE RENDERED: Cam belt replacement, recon of mainifold butterflies seals and rubbers
SERVICE SMILEYS (Out of 3, 1 being good, 3 being beyond reasonable): :D :D :D
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:46 pm

PROVINCE: Gauteng
METRO AREA (If Any):Midrand
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME:Mitsubishi Midrand
CONTACT PERSON: I spoke to Paul the Workshop manager and Jonathan was my service advisor.
CONTACT DETAILS:0115542300
SERVICE RENDERED:2001 Pajero 3.2 Did. Fault Finding on Braking irregularity thought to be ABS related. After taking to 3 different independent workshops which failed to find the problem and had me replacing some unnecessary stuff the dealer diagnosed the problem within 1 day! Replacement part was horribly expensive unfortunately and in the end I fitted second hand part that I sourced, but their fault finding ability and labour cost for this I think was decent given the fact that they got it right first time.
SERVICE SMILEYS (Out of 3, 1 being good, 3 being beyond reasonable): :D :D
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
js
jschoefer

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi,
any recommendations somewhere in the Randburg/Northern Suburbs/Sandton area? I live in Parktown and trekking the car up to Centurion is a bit cumbersome...

Gen2 3.5 with 245kkms and a faulty autobox...

Thanks in advance!!!

Cheers,
Jonas
St
Stranger

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:29 am

I used Mitspro for a major service and cam belts. Did a very good job for me and the Paj is certainly running better than when I first got it. Mitspro does not have fancy premises and you do not get coffee, but they did the work well and on time. I got a lift to the Gautrain when I asked and the cost was at least 2 grand less than the other quotes I got closer to home. They were also more than happy to put in the oil I took them (Delo 400) without comment.

:) :) :)
Br
Brad Bailey

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:43 pm

Have had minor Service at Malcom' ( Mitsubishi) Voortrekker Rd. Maitland. Cape. Good service; helpful e.g. Showed how to change pollen filter for free. Anybody had any feedback about quality of major repairs e.g.Flywheel
an
andrew.ashton

Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:59 am

PROVINCE: Gauteng
METRO AREA (If Any):Fourways
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME:Broadacres Fitment Centre aka Opposite Lock Broadacres
CONTACT PERSON: Gavin
CONTACT DETAILS:011 467 8210/1 sales@OLBroadacres.com
SERVICE RENDERED:Recommend, supply, balance, fit new tyres and wheel alignment
SERVICE SMILEYS (Out of 3, 1 being good, 3 being beyond reasonable): :D :D

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”