Pajero and Pajero Sport engines

DI
DID Man

Re: Pajero and Pajero Sport engines

Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:49 pm

Ai Leon,

I am so shocked to hear this! Thank the Lord you survived.

I think this is very poor workmanship. They did not loosen 100 bolts all over the engine bay like you would for a motor rebuild, the strut has around 8 bolts per side and all together in one place to check and replaced correctly.

Have you contacted them and will they pay the costs of the repair?

I assume the car left the road to be extensively damaged? They always say one should never have work done and then leave on a long journey but this could have happened here in Gauteng or anywhere with the same result.

Ge
Gert Kruger

Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:12 am

Wow. Glad you are ok'ish. Got a quote from them yesterday, but will NOT use them. Please let us know what they say. I am sure they can be held responsible for the damage cost.
DI
DID Man

Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:31 pm

Gert,

Leon probably does not want to post before the matter is sorted out. Good though that you hold off giving them any further business until we hear that they accept responsibility and pay all the repair costs.
Na
Namboer

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:48 pm

Guys, thanks for the thoughts, wishes and encouragement. It is much appreciated.
I am in contact with the company, and they offered to claim the repair costs from their insurance. I will provide feedback once it is resolved - everyone deserves a chance to redeem themselves.
However, back to the topic...despite the setback, I can confirm that the spacer & air lifters works excellently. I will go off-road after the PS is properly fixed by Mitsu, and will let you know in due course.
Cheers.
DI
DID Man

Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi Leon,

That is really the best possible news. You are right, nobody is perfect but I hope they learn from this mistake and put a plan in place for a senior person to signoff on work before the vehicle leaves their workshop.

Great to hear the positive feedback re the lift and ride improvement. You seem to have achieved much more than a lot of guys have done after spending thousands on after market shocks and spring kit upgrades.

I have been doing a lot of reading on the PS thread on this forum and 70 pages on the 4x4 community forum PS thread and I am a bit shell shocked at all the negative comments that so many people have posted about the vehicle and Mitsubishi SA's responses.

I have had such a simple vehicle up to now and can really not get my mind around all the seemingly endless problems that the vehicle was put on the market with and now become the owners problem to sort out?

I was pretty well decided that the 2,5 PS was the way to go but now I am not so sure again. But looking at the relationship and shape of the torque and power curves of the 2,5 motor they seems almost perfect so does one just accept the rest as part of the package?

By the way, how do they get the manual version to be 133KW 400Nm and the auto 133KW 350Nm from the same motor and why is this necessary? Most similar cars have one output power and torque for a manual or an auto. Nobody else I have spoken to seems to believe this is possible to achieve so please could some clever guy explain this please.
Needless to say there are no details on Mitsubishi.com on this.

I have asked the question from Mitsubishi SA but have received no answer and I don't suppose they will bother to come back to me.
Fo
Forest Fab

Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Remember that most stories you'll read online are accounts of problems encountered by the owners. Or stories of someone whose mate heard that his auntie had issues ;)
So although they are (mostly) true, they are more than often not a realistic representation of the truth.
Na
Namboer

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:52 am

Forest Fab wrote:Remember that most stories you'll read online are accounts of problems encountered by the owners. Or stories of someone whose mate heard that his auntie had issues ;)
So although they are (mostly) true, they are more than often not a realistic representation of the truth.
Sorry, no aunts or mates involved - just me and my wife personally experiencing what it feels like when a front wheel falls off at 125 kph. Do not wish this on my worst enemy...
Some 35 years work experience and incident investigation in the oil industry allow me to have a fairly sober and unbiased opinion as to what the root cause was.
Fo
Forest Fab

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:18 am

Of course Leon, I was not trying to give the impression that your account of rather scary event was not true!!

What I was trying to say is that generally people posting on forums do so because they had bad experiences, or incidents like in your case. So the reader comes across these bad stories, whilst there are also good stories but these are too often not published.
Ja
Jacomina

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Namboer wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:35 pm
My PS got a prezzie yesterday - I did a Stofpad 20 mm strut spacer lift up front and Firestone air springs at the back.
Where in Windhoek have you had this done?

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register