Pajero Service Schedules

This is where general information is stored for reference purposes. Please do not ask questions here. Only post here if you are posting reference information.
Nick Gibson
Vehicle: 2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB (AKA Pedro 2.0)

Re: Pajero Service Schedules

Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:36 am

gerbek1 wrote:Cool stuff. Can we safely substitute 7500km for 10000km and extrapolate the services?
I am sure you could. As I understand it, the 7500km service intervals were for the high sulfur fuels of the day, ie +3000 ppm.
The oil acidification by the high sulphur content was damaging to the engine, so if you stick to 50ppm diesel you could probably push to 10k km service interval.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nicholas Gibson

2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD Auto LWB
Mods:
ARB front bumper, OME, Lynx Bash Plate, Lynx Rock-sliders, Lynx rear steel bumper, Front Runner 40lt Long range tank, Madman EMS2 with EGT, dual battery system, 700FF spots

Corsa 1.4 Club (swambo)

Cape Town

"In my house I'm the boss, my wife is just the decision maker." - Woody Allen
cloyd
Vehicle: Pajero GLS

Re: Pajero Service Schedules - Alt and starter

Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi guys,

Please help if possible. At what kilo reading should one start with preventative maintenance on the alternator and starter - brushes and bearings? Whilst my car was still being serviced by the agents (maintenance plan), I asked the service manager but he started blowing bubbles and said absolutely nothing of value.
I also believe in " ..if it ain't broken, do not fix it..." but when one is on a trip somewhere away from the so called civilized world and the alternator od starter decide not to ? Oh sh.t.

Cloyd.
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:31 pm

Cloyd

Difficult one. Starter and alternator life will not only depend on mileage alone. For instance a car started once and then drove up to 300000kms theoretically without switching off the engine will have a brand new starter!

When I sold my gen3 with just over 300000kms I did not have any preventative maintenance or issues in the period up to there on the alternator or starter. I would think however that it would not have been long still before I would have serviced it thereafter as preventative measure.

CATS
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Nick Gibson
Vehicle: 2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB (AKA Pedro 2.0)

Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:21 am

Starter.
My starter in my pajero got a bit sluggish, so I had a bit of warning before it quit completely. Can't push start an auto!
Starter motor can actually last quite long depending on how it was treated, how many stop starts, and also if the mechanic had dumped diesel on it while changing the fuel filter can affect the lifetime of the unit. Maybe have it pulled to check on the carbon brushes and armature, mine were very clogged up with diesel/carbon gunk mix.
If you can swing a spanner it is an easy check, takes about an hour to pull and disassemble, check innards and put back.

Alternator.
I haven't had to look at that in my pajero yet, but my corsa Alternator started growling at me, so had to pull and strip the alternator to measure up for replacement bearings. I then had to repeat the process once I had them from Bearing man. The suppliers (diesel electric, auto electrical companies) unfortunately only work off samples, not part number which makes it a tedious process as you have to do everything twice, it is however also an easy but fiddly fix.

The diode pack can also just suddenly give up the ghost, bit of hit and miss with that with no prior warning.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Nicholas Gibson

2005 Gen 3 Pajero 3.2 DiD Auto LWB
Mods:
ARB front bumper, OME, Lynx Bash Plate, Lynx Rock-sliders, Lynx rear steel bumper, Front Runner 40lt Long range tank, Madman EMS2 with EGT, dual battery system, 700FF spots

Corsa 1.4 Club (swambo)

Cape Town

"In my house I'm the boss, my wife is just the decision maker." - Woody Allen
Sc
Scala

Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:03 am

Hi,

I am looking for a service schedule for a 2010 Pajero Sport 3.2DiD if anyone can assist please?
Philip12
Vehicle: Pajerosport 2012

Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 am

Hi Scala, any luck with that service schedule? Also driving a 2010 Pajero Sport 3.2DiD, nearing 220 000KM and want to see if everything that should have been done was done - I can't trust these service centres.

Also, a general question for the community, there's quite a bit I'm sure the general service schedule doesn't cover, anything I should start looking at?

Regards,
Philip

Return to “Pajero Technical Library”

Login · Register