Engine management light

Hu
Hugen0408

Engine management light

Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:33 pm

Good day all.
Just need to know if i should worry about My Pajero 3.5 v6 engine management light.
When idle at stop street or a robot the engine management light pop on. As soon as you give it some rpm on pull away the light shuts off. Example. I don't need high rpm for the light to shut off. Maybe at a 1.200 rpm or less. It's been like this for 2 months. Any advise is appreciated.
Thanks.
Regards.
Hugen

Co
Cobracat

Re: Engine management light

Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:11 am

Hi Hugen

Could be a faulty TPS. Had an issue like this a few months back and that was the issue
Hu
Hugen0408

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:04 pm

Many thanks Cobra.
Your input appreciated. My car is booked in at SACS, I will let you know the outcome.
Cheers.
Hugen
ROBNICK@50
Vehicle: Shogun 3,5 GDI

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi my 3,5 GDI just started a similar fault. Runs fine below 3000 rpm, exceed that and engine management light comes on. Reduce revs and light goes out. Had it into local garage presumably on diagnostics. Said as Mitsubishi taken over by Mazda. They are unable to get diagnostic specks. I'm thinking that it's petrol pressure fault. Anyone else come across this fault. Hope SAC finds your fault.
Si
SirHarry

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am

Hi, engine light in my '97 V6 3500 also lights up from time to.time. Stays on for short while and goes off. No performance issues or other issues. Taking it in to mech only sorts out for short period.
Googled causes for this and there are quite a few possible causes: dirty/faulty airflow monitors, airfilter, exhaust temperature, fuel pressure, various sensors. This is what I remember.
I don't see the point of taking it to mech again and leaving it there for another two weeks for temporary solution.
Harry

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register