Advice on Mitsubishi auto electrician please...Pretoria or Joburg

If you drive a Mitsu but it's not a Pajero, this is the place to chat about your vehicle.
Ou
OutlanderOwner

Advice on Mitsubishi auto electrician please...Pretoria or Joburg

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:39 pm

Hello

I am new to this forum and am unfortunately only here because I have some serious problems with my Mitsubishi. I dont know much about cars so can't fix anything myself, instead am looking for advice or contacts of people with experience working on Mitsubishi electrical issues, and hopefully Outlanders specifically.

My 2008 Outlander, 2.4L, Petrol, Automatic, 4WD has some serious electrical issues.

I Nov 2018 I got a stability control error message on my dashboard, the engine light was on constantly, and within a day the car started idling, and would not go beyond 20KMH. I took it into Mitsubishi Menlyn (Pretoria) and they did a diagnostic on it to find that No. 1 and 4 injectors are not working and more importantly, ‘engine ECU has internal failure’. They said I needed a new ECU, and quoted me R40 000 and a month’s wait to order and install it.

I bough a second hand ECU and full lock set, and got a mechanic to install it and when he did, different error messages just started piling in…so it would appear the problem was not with the ECU in the first place. That mechanic could not find the cause of the problem, so I took it to an auto electrician to have a look, and today he told me he thinks the wiring is all good, but has no idea what the problem is. At least he was honest enough to tell me I needed to find an electrician experienced in Mitsubishi cars and preferably someone who has dealt with similar issues before…either that or go back to the Mitsubishi dealership.

Long story short, does anyone know any auto electricians who have experience with Mitsubishi cars? If any of you had similar problems with Pajeros maybe you took it to someone who did a good job fixing it? I don’t know how similar the electrical components of the Pajero and Outlander ECU etc. are, but am guessing close enough that someone who knows Pajero electrical stuff could work on an Outlander as well?

Please, any advice is welcome….it has been 2 months that I haven’t driven my beloved Outlander, and I am seriously and depressingly considering the option that I might never drive it again because of this issue….it is really emotionally draining running around auto mechanics and having no idea what the heck is going on and how much getting the car back on the road could cost (I already spent R1100 on the second hand ECU I might not even need).
Cheers
Nik

JB
JB_Bosvark

Re: Advice on Mitsubishi auto electrician please...Pretoria or Joburg

Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Hi Nik

Try R2R Auto Services & Electrical repairs in Jakaranda street, Hennopspark (Tel - 076 263 1715)

I had some electronic repairs / add-ons done on my Pajero last year and was quite happy with their service.

Hope it helps

Jacques Burger
Ou
OutlanderOwner

Re: Advice on Mitsubishi auto electrician please...Pretoria or Joburg

Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:58 pm

Hi Jacques

Thanks for your suggestion, I will give them a try tomorrow. I am currently thinking of going to a place called Mitsi Tech Performance in Alberton, but I would rather stay in Pretoria if possible.

Cheers
Nik

Return to “Other Mitsubishi 4x4 / AWD”

Login · Register