Gen 2 1998 Pajero driver side window reset

Th
TheShootest

Gen 2 1998 Pajero driver side window reset

Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi everyone!
My 1998 Pajero GLS has an issue. When I try to close the driver side power window, the glass goes all the way up smoothly and when it reaches the top it goes back down 1/2 way automatically. I can manually close it bit by bit and have to stop at the top, otherwise it will reverse. I've checked the rubber channel and the glass position. Everything looks clean and in good condition. I've also tried to "reset" the window motor using many procedures but nothing has worked. I couldn't find the correct procedure to setup the upper limit properly :?:
Any Ideas? :?:

overambitious
Vehicle: lada niva

Re: Gen 2 1998 Pajero driver side window reset

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:13 pm

as far as I know you cant set the limits on a Gen 2 Pajero window mechanism, only on the later models.

If it reaches the top and opens again, it means the mechanism thinks that something is jammed in it. Try spraying silicone spray on the rubbers in the window channels and apply a light grease to the rail and plastic clip that pulls the window up and down, and see f that makes a difference.
Th
TheShootest

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:49 am

I did what you've suggested, overambitious, but no luck. I've noticed when the glass reverses automatically after reaching the top, it jumps back down strongly as it was held with a great pressure.
What made me think the problem may be related to the resetting issues is the length of the rail and the cables. When I took off the glass, the motor and the regulator worked well. The slide went all the way up and stopped at the end of the rail. When the glass is on place and I fully closed it up, the slide was lower than the previous point by approximately 30mm. It looks like the cables should be shorter, but I think they are non-adjustable.
Th
TheShootest

Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:28 pm

The issue has been fixed! I put some pieces of cotton under the rear side of the rubber channel. That has created the pressure needed to put the glass on its correct track. Now it's working well; No reversing!

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”

Login · Register