Greetings from a noob

Let us know who you are, what you drive and what makes you tick!
Noob
Vehicle: 2012 Pajero 3.2 DI-DC GLS Auto

Greetings from a noob

Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:28 pm

Greetings everyone

Hope you are all keeping well and safe.

Not only am I new to this forum but I have never owned a 4x4 before. With a lot of internet research and some really good threads from this forum I am now an aspiring Pajero owner :D Been searching for a few months now and recently came across one that seems like a decent buy. Would really appreciate some advice on the reasonableness of the price and where in Pretoria to get an inspection done before sealing the deal ?

Year: 2012
Model: Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-DC GLS
Km’s: 161000
Price: 300k

What do you guys think ?

——
Name: Owen
Birthday and age: 6 July, 38 years
Town and Country of Residence: Pretoria, South Africa
Home Language: English
Hobbies: Poker

V for Vendetta
Vehicle: 3.8 SWB

Re: Greetings from a noob

Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:31 pm

Welcome.

You will find very knowledgeable people to help you, for the simple reason, a lot of people have been there, done that.
Do any normal checks, service history, general condition, etc. etc. see that the Super Select actually works. By all means if you are not sure then get someone who is clued up on Pajero's.
Price ?, it's what its worth to the seller and to you as the buyer. Everyone wants to pay the least to get the most.
Price wise, I can't help you. Mine was R 65.000, one owner, 147000 on the clock full history. The owner was desperate to sell, a case of being there at the right time right place. yes, I did mug her, but did not hold a gun to her head. I used the excuse of who pays the fuel bill ?, my husband, she replied. There you go...... Sure its not light on its feet, but where can you get so much car for so little money. Full house. drives like a dream and is my weekend toy. That sense of jumping in the drivers seat, light the fires and head out on the open road, wicked. This is my second Pajero, I had a Gen 2, till it was"liberated", one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned.
Noob
Vehicle: 2012 Pajero 3.2 DI-DC GLS Auto

Re: Greetings from a noob

Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:30 pm

Thanks man...I’m really looking forward to getting it :)

Had an inspection done today. Looks like there’s oil on the turbo and intercooler pipes. Any major reason to be too concerned about this ?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”

Login · Register