6G74 Fuel System or Electrical Problem?

Ju
JulzD

Re: 6G74 Fuel System or Electrical Problem?

Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi All

Am new to the forum but am also a proud owner of a 3.5 GDI V6. I have suffered from a similar situation with this error and have replaced the low pressure fuel pump in the tank as well as the high pressure fuel pump next to the engine. The car runs well now only issue is the engine light comes on intermittently. Would be interested to know what this guru looked at alternatively if not the fuel system.

I have fitted an additional Fuel Filter just before the high pressure pump as the main cause of this error is in fact the micro filters in the high pressure pump becoming blocked or clogged (I also carry an extra set of these filters with me in the car at all times as they are an imported part and not readily available 0 only about R20 each and you need 2)

Let me know if you want details of the additional fuel filter that I have installed. I can send model number and some pictures if required. Very simple to do.

Br
Brian

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:40 am

Very clever to carry the filters! I searched for them and couldn't find them here. I'd also be curious how you fitted the other filter and where? Can you send or post a picture?

Thanks - Brian

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:52 am

Brian wrote:Very clever to carry the filters! I searched for them and couldn't find them here. I'd also be curious how you fitted the other filter and where? Can you send or post a picture?

Thanks - Brian

Brian,

Could you kindly send me contacts of pajero io mech? I have a 1.8 GDI Turbo, with check engine light on. Diagnosis shows abnormal fuel pressure. Last full- 53ltr tank gave me 320Km. I need this fixed.

Will be glad. Inbox me on ewaithaka@gmail.com
Rayray63
Vehicle: Pajero 6g74

Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:04 am

Hi Brian.... I inherited a 2000 pajero 3.5l v6 6g74 gdi ... have issues with fuel consumption being way too high, backfiring under load, no power to pull a skin off a rice pudding, so took to mechanic/s. Diagnosis from diagnostic tests is that it's a lack of pressure at HP pump on engine and that should be replaced.

Took back to 1st mechanic and we decided to replace LP pump in tank an filter first. Was running until he did that, now not firing at all. Mechanic seems to think it is likely to be electrical... but ...who knows. Is there a chance you could put us in contact with your mechanic who seems to understand the cause of fuel issues with the pajero?

We live in NZ so we aren't able to get him to sort it for us.

Can you please pm the details and if anyone has ideas on how to get the vehicle started now it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register