Loss of power and does not rev above 3000rpm

Pa
PajeroZam

Loss of power and does not rev above 3000rpm

Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:30 am

Good day all.

I have a 2003 Pajero 6G74 3.5 v6. Lately it has been acting up by having some loss of power above 2000rpm and when it reaches 3000rpm it gets stuck. Foot of the accelerator back on then it pushes past.

Other times it will push past the 3000rpm on it self when you keep your foot on the Gas. I have cleaned the GDI pump, replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the mass airflow sensor, but it still does the same.

Some days it will not have the problem at all then two days later the problem will be back.

Any ideas that maybe the problem.
TIA

Jaco du Preez

Lameck
Vehicle: Pajero Exceed

Re: Loss of power and does not rev above 3000rpm

Mon May 18, 2020 11:48 am

Mine does the same.It was runningbpretty better however the power was reduced uphill.and the check light was constantly on with rail pressur sensor being caught on the machine.I rmvd the the gdi pump and replaced the faulty plates and diaphragm like.replaced everthing since then it has erratic idling and wont rev past 3000 rpm.times fuel rail pressure sensor is picked by scan too.but most of the time the scan tool says no fault code.
ROBNICK@50
Vehicle: Shogun 3,5 GDI

Sun May 24, 2020 11:44 am

Hi you not said what engine you have. I've got the 3.5 GDI. If you have similar engine look at my previous threads on this. See pictures that show the filters in the High pressure pumps. These were removed and an inline filter fitted into the supply line, which should have been the standard. It's a hard job to remove the small filters pipework. But not impossible with a bit of ingenuity, removal of the pump not required. As it's a 2002 model fine filter becomes blocked. This reduces the flow pressure to the rail. The sensor sees this cuts out engine limp mode code 54 from memory. However as I also fitted a new sensor at the same time. I obtained from Japan had no experience of fault since. Good luck.
Lameck
Vehicle: Pajero Exceed

Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:09 pm

On my gdi 6g74 after it qas reving past 3000rpm i adjust the throttle sensor with the slot more torwards engine side.and it would rev past 3000 up to 6000rpm.however at times when you are driving if you hit the pedal hard it wont get past 3000rpm but if you press gradually it will go past.Still tryn to figure out.
DeLorean
Vehicle: Pajero Gen 2

Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:40 pm

I'm having a similar issue with my 3.5L V6 Gen 2. It seems to happen when the car has been standing for a day or 2. Then you drive and it doesn't go over 3000rpm and almost seems to jerk, holding the vehicle back. It takes a few km of driving before it drives normal again.

I'm going to start with an injector cleaner first, and then a sangoma. :lol:
DeLorean
Vehicle: Pajero Gen 2

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:43 pm

Mine sorted now. It was the Fuel pump and sensor that needed to be replaced.
I don't know enough about it to understand, but maybe you guys will. My mech says it was pushing 1.5 bar and after fitting the new fuel pump and sensor it pushes 4.0 bar.
The power difference is unbelievable. Revs all the way to 6000rpm blitz vinnig!!

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register