P0107 - MAP Sensor error

ben.koch
Vehicle: 2004 pajero swb

Re: P0107 - MAP Sensor error

Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:01 pm

Hi Just
Thank you for your tips this is the first Pajero I got a few weeks ago for a good price bearing in mind that there will be issues. The Spanjaard does one just remove the air cleaner and spray it in.I can not find the MAP sensor do you by any chance know where it is
Keep well

Dirty Dog
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero DiD LWB

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:46 am

The MAF sensor is on top of the air filter. It has the wires running into it. The MAP sensor is normally on top, next to the diesel filter, and is a small black sensor with wires running into the top and a pipe running from it down to the inlet manifold. It is also a good idea to clean out the pipe, as it can also get blocked.
Attachments
MAP sensor.jpeg
joepanels
Vehicle: 2006 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:31 pm

Greetings all, especially Dirty Dog (from a little down the N2 in Grabouw)

2006 3.2 DiD with 320000 km - engine light recently on and MAP sensor error code read by local AutoElec shop.

I bought the Euromann MAP sensor (part MS3060) from Masterparts and it appears to be identical to Dirty Dog's photos. However, it differs from my original sensor somewhat in that the "ear" is on the other side and the 3-wire plug is different. Layout and size is similar and pipe fitting down to inlet manifold the same diameter.

The original Mitsubishi part number is ME202119. Please see photo's of both parts.

I asked another guy outside Masterparts to open up his 3.2DiD bonnet and his was the same as my original.

The stakes are quite high: Dealer price for Mitsubishi ME202119 is R6004.00. Masterparts MS3060 is R350 (it IS listed for the 2006 Triton 3.2DiD

Any advice before I modify the plug and try it?
IMG_6212.JPG
IMG_6245.JPG
Dirty Dog
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero DiD LWB

Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:16 pm

Hi Joepanels

The best bet is to go into MasterParts in the Strand, since you are near them, and exchange the sensor for the correct one if you haven't opened it yet. I am sure they will exchange it for you. However, once you open the plastic packet, your warranty is void.

I have never tried to modify them, as mine fitted perfectly as is. MasterParts has a vast inventory of Mitsu parts and sensors, just take your old one as an example. If you need to drive the vehicle there, it's an easy job to remove on site (or should be!).

Good luck! ;)
joepanels
Vehicle: 2006 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB

Mon May 03, 2021 11:22 am

I'm afraid Masterparts does not list a part for my 2006, nor could they track one down. I took the sample in. It would appear from them that the earlier ones are different and agents only.

HOWEVER, it wasn't the MAP sensor after all! While discussing the thing at my local Auto Elec, the eagle eyed young technician pointed to the boost pipe (from intercooler to throttle body) and said it had a crack in it. Upon manipulating the pipe, it was a great big hole venting all that lovely boost to the atmosphere and confusing the poor MAP sensor, which then understandably declared an error. I saw the same thing on an Aussie YouTube video and should probably have checked.

New (agents) boost pipe is R4000 and 5 weeks ex-Japan, BUT the hole was about 25mm from the end, and there is a little play. We were able to cut the pipe off square and re-fit the hose. All error codes gone and it pulls like a train again. I did 1700km with it last weekend without any issues at all.

Common wisdom seems to be to either order a new pipe or have one made up. If it's perished and burst once, it's probably vrot and will go again.

Return to “Engines and Engine Management”

Login · Register

Latest Posts