LED lamps - running/parking & Interior

Tony M
Vehicle: 2008 Pajero GLS LWB

LED lamps - running/parking & Interior

Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:50 pm

I was looking at how dim the front parking lights are on my 2008 Gen 4 Pajero.
Looking at some topics online it seems that one can replace the front parking light with LED but, because of the internal headlight parking light reflector, not all LED lights work.
Anybody have any recommendations for the correct one in SA?

Secondly, anybody ever attempted to convert the front parking light to a 'running (daytime) light' that switches on with the ignition?

Lastly, the interior lights are the old type and dim in my Gen 4. I see some have used LED lights internally (Gen 3) but have not seen automotive LED 12V bulbs that are actually dimmable that could be used
Anybody have any suggestions? Is it possible?

Many thanks!

CharlotteHoffman
Vehicle: V8

Re: LED lamps - running/parking & Interior

Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:17 pm

Do they work well in foggy conditions?
Tony M
Vehicle: 2008 Pajero GLS LWB

Re: LED lamps - running/parking & Interior

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:49 am

Had forgotten about this question. In general it seems that in SA it is illegal to change the type or wattage of bulbs used on the outside of a motor vehicle that are not as per the manufacturers original specification.
When it comes to added fog lamps/spots it's another matter entirely.
The purpose of changing the 'parking light' bulbs on the front was to have a 'white colour' (±6,500 °K), which would be more visible than the rather dim 'orange' (±4,500 °K) incandescent bulbs as per the OEM chart which are not all that visible, especially during daylight.

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”

Login · Register