Driver side electric window

Balljoint
Vehicle: 2005 3.2DID GLS Pajero

Driver side electric window

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:18 am

Hi all

I have a Gen 3 2005 SWB Pajero. Think its a GLS...

For a while now my driver side electrical window has been giving me problems. At first when I closed my window it went half way up then down all the way again. Its got that memory switch thing. So you touch the lever up once and its supposed to go up the whole way by its self. Not mine. Half way then down again. It goes on like this for a couple of times then the memory doesnt work anymore then I have to close is bit by bit. Touching the switch up and release and again an again. If I hold the switch up it goes halfway again and then back down. Now this was ok and I could have lived with that for a while. But over the weekend it compleatly broke. When I wounded down my window I heard a "hakerige" noise. Tried winding it up again and only went half way up, with a serious "hekerige" noise, and stopped. From there on it didnt work anymore. I had to grab the window on top and pull it up while touching the switch upwards to close. This we have to do every time now when we forget about the darn thing and open it. When it goes down it stil has that "hakerige" noise but up is a mission.

Is this the gears inside? Maybe just loose or even stripped? Or can it be the switch thats faulty? Maybe even both? Any help and advice will be much appreciated. Where I can get it checked, fix ect ect.

I have enough money to retire and live comfortably for the rest of my life.....if I die by next Tuesday....
Jo
JohnG

Re: Driver side electric window

Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 am

Its picking up a "collision".Its a safety feature so incase your arm is out and you push the button it will hit your arm and move back down..Often its the channel the window moves in that gets very dusty and tight and can cause the effect.Often guys spray some silicon spray in there to get the window to move smoothly..Check the entire channel for anythiing abnormal that would cause the window to catch or move tightly..If all there looks fine then it will be something internal.
Roelf_le_Roux

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Yip, clean those channels and give it a light silicon spray.
LowRange
Vehicle: Gen 4 GLX LWB

Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:26 pm

I think the cable on the window winder mechanism is on its way out (Strands breaking off and making a nice crow's nest! :evil: ).

See these threads:

https://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/view ... dow#p26608

https://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/view ... 5&start=10

Happened to me as well. Fixed it myself, but it was quite a slep! :shock: (but cheap!!) :P
Johan
Gen 4 GLX 30th Anniversary Edition (Gravel :mrgreen: )
VW Tiguan 2.0TDi (Tar ;))
Bushlapa Boabab 4.2 in tow
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:32 am

I have a second hand passenger window mechanism with cable in my garage if you are interested. I live in Centurion. Make me an offer if interested. I bought it of a wreck some time ago as I knew of this problem that appear over time and it still looked in good nick. I have subsequently sold my old gen3 so might not need it for a long time still to come.

CATS
PM me if interested.
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Balljoint

Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:32 am

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Really appreciate it. What I have read on the links and replies I think its the cable thats giving me the hassle. CATS, I will PM you as soon as I find out how! :lol: I'm new on this forum and things is a bit tricky on a iPhone.

Now I'm not a mechanical mastermind but I grew up under cars and had my fair share installing audio into cars, doing brakes, services ect ect. So I think I should be able to replace a stuped cable? ;) . Just wondering if there is any things I should watch out for... :?
I have enough money to retire and live comfortably for the rest of my life.....if I die by next Tuesday....
Balljoint

Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi guys

So I fixed my window today. What a job :lol: . Took me about 2 hours... And yes there was a nice big "crows nest" that was waiting for me. But the good news, it only costed me R30 and a trip to the bicycle shop! :lol: . I took a GEARS cable, the brake cable on bicycles are to thin, cut it to the right length and put a ferrel on the other end.... Getting the motor back into the pully with a tight cable was a mission. This is what took all the time. Needed a lot of patience and a cigarette... ;) . But its done and it works 100% now. Only thing is is that it goes down perfect. When I close it it stops, then I have to leave the switch, close it a little bit more, then it stops again and so forth till its completely closed. Think its the memory or something? It doesn't catch anywhere or make any noises anymore. So I'm sure it just needs to be resetted somehow?

Any way. What would have costed R3000 at the agents only costed me R30... :D .
LowRange
Vehicle: Gen 4 GLX LWB

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:19 pm

Good man!

Try this to "reset" as per my other post. It should then operate correctly:

Anyway, here's how I got mine sorted:

> Mark the position of window at its upper limit on the slider.
> While the motor is removed bridge the terminals on the motor for a while to reset the previous limit. (Just taking the power off did not do the trick)
> Connect the motor ONLY to the power plug in the door.
> Pull the UP switch on the window controls.
> The motor will spin for a couple of revolutions and then stop by itself. Un-plug it and do not rotate the shaft.
> Make sure that the slider is at the window upper limit as marked.
> Now install the motor in the position with the least change of the shaft position.
> Plug it into the door plug again and operate the mechanism. It should now stop at the upper position and not reverse. (If it reverses - try again! :shock:
> Now install it back in the door and fasten the window glass.

It should operate normally.

I tried every "reset" and " programming" sequence I could find on the Internet but nothing worked, only the above!
Johan
Gen 4 GLX 30th Anniversary Edition (Gravel :mrgreen: )
VW Tiguan 2.0TDi (Tar ;))
Bushlapa Boabab 4.2 in tow
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:49 am

Baljoint

From Lowrange's explanation it seems as if you are going to need another cigarette! :-)

Glad you got it sorted for so little money. Now just to get the setting right.

Thanks for the feedback on the cable to be used.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Balljoint

Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:42 am

LowRange

I saw that thread and hoped that mine would not need that. Thanks for reminding me of that nightmare again :lol: .

CATS

I think I'll need a whole box of siggarettes for this ;) . Like I said, everyting was easy. What took the most time and frustration was to get the pully back on to the motor with the tight cable. That alone took me about an hour... Very tricky to try and keep the cable wounded up, aligning the pully and the motor and the holes while you have a tight cable. So I think I'll live with the window as it is for now :? .

Thanks for the help guys!

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”

Login · Register