Towbar wiring harness 3rd gen 4th gen

Botsie-Stephan
Vehicle: Pajero 2007 3.0 L Petrol

Towbar wiring harness 3rd gen 4th gen

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:22 am

More
Ek is nuut op die forum. Mal oor my Pajero. 4th Gen 3L 2007 model ingevoer vanuit Japan. Ek het n 3rd gen towbar gemodify en op my Pajero gesit. Vir die towbar is n wiring harness nodig om die weeerstande uit te sorteer. Kan ek n harness uit n 3rd gen haal en op n 4th gen gebruik?

Botsie-Stephan
Vehicle: Pajero 2007 3.0 L Petrol

Re: Towbar wiring harness 3rd gen 4th gen

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:35 am

I see a lot of international members. Hence my translation of my previous question into English. I have 4th Gen 3L petrol Pajero imported from Japan. Modified a 3rd Gen towbar since the vehicle mountings are the same, to fit onto my Pajero. However you need a wiring harness with a black box to sort out the resistence values the vehicle computer gets. My question is, can you use a 3rd generation towbar wiring harness on a 4th gen vehicle :?:
Mitsu Fan
Vehicle: Pajero Gen 4 2015

Re: Towbar wiring harness 3rd gen 4th gen

Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:43 am

Not experienced in this but there is very little difference between Gen 3 and 4.

I will stick my neck out and say it will work no problem. Just check that the connections are still the same as per the plug and do a voltage test with a multimeter i.e. is the right flicker really the right flicker etc.

There are fuses in the system to protect should something not be kosher.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Return to “Electrical & Electronics”

Login · Register