Higher Profile Tyre

Michael
Vehicle: Pajero Sport 2.5

Re: Higher Profile Tyre

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:54 am

Swimma - I have full EFS coils and shocks but went for the lighter setup so too be honest the increase in lift on the body was literally 10 mm - virtually the same as the standard PS.

What I did notice was an increase of 35 mm on my under carriage which I'm very happy about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:55 am

Sorry Cats meant to read couldn't

Michael

Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:31 am

Does anyone have any idea what the tyre pressure should be for the BFG's 265/70/17 ATs for just normal every day use. I tried phoning BFG / Michelin but they weren't very helpful ?

CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:24 pm

Same as normal tyre pressure. As per the door sticker.

CATS

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Ma
Martin

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:31 am

hi, I have recently fitted 285/70/17 Yokohama Geolanders A/T, I still prefer 2.4 bar, currently part of the Bridgestone series, in events I lower my front to 1.2, and rear to 1.6,
I also must add the EFS system fitted on my previous Pajero was a disappointment. , my current vehicle has Old Man Emu's on, remains the best.
Michael

Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:38 am

Martin - agree with you on the EFS - just replaced mine on my PS with ironman and am much happier

mikem
Vehicle: Pajero Sport 2011

Re: Front Bumper/Bull bar

Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi Michael,

From the photo of your Pajero in the garage I see that you have fitted a front bull bar.
I have a 2011 Pajero Sport.Would like to know where and who fitted it for you and if you dont mind me asking why there and how much you paid for it.
Kind regards,
Michael M
Michael

Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Hi Michael

It's a ironman front bumper - very happy with it, has led parking lights and very solid.
I had it installed a while back in Safari centre in centurion but lately I have been using the 4WD trucking company in Randburg (they also have a fitment centre in PTA) and finding them to have good quality workmanship at a good price. Very happy with them and believe me I've been to a few.

I think it was R13k but if you look at any of the 4x4 mags they always have good coverage in their advertising.

Just a word of warning - you will probably have to upgrade your suspension as the extra weight will increase the strain on your front suspension

Hope that helps

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:20 pm

Interesting comments about EFS. I had a great experience on my previous LWB Pajero with normal duty coils and now on my shorty it is very hard because the car is lighter. There are three coil types available from EFS so this leads me to believe that it is very important to spec coils to your needs (comfort versus lift). I do however enjoy the extra 55mm lift I've got now :D
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
Michael

Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:31 pm

I had 4 configurations done by EFS themselves with different configurations based on the coil load weight specifications. I.e. Different coils matched to my vehicles specifications but could not get the it correct - I even got Mitsubishi SA involved who gave EFS guidance on the height restrictions and variance between back and front. Unfortunately my front EFS shocks recently failed after 40000 K's and although EFS agreed to have them assessed and agreed to escalate it to Australia - after two years of back and forth, I threw in the towel and changed to Ironman who's configuration matched first time...

Return to “Rims and Tyres”

Login · Register