Do It Yourself (Gen3 Front Bumper)

4x
4x4 Outthere

Do It Yourself (Gen3 Front Bumper)

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:40 pm

I decided to Do th e changes to my vehicle my self. I have build my own Bumper replacement. Give me your comments Please
Attachments
Moma 004.JPG

SimonB
Site Admin
Vehicle: 2017 Nissan X-Trail

Re: Do It Yourself

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:21 pm

While I'm not sure about the frame that the number plate is mounted on (lookswise) the rest of the bumper looks awesome!

Would you care to post some more detailed pictures?

And I like the thre diamonds touch!
Simon Bloomer
Bi
Biggish

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:55 pm

Looks awesome!

Are you taking orders? :-)
HBannink
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: Pajero gen2 3l lwb

Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:33 pm

That looks very professional and makes the pajie look so much better. Do you have wheel spacers in?
Henk Bannink

Some people are wise, some people are otherwise
Br
Brink_015

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Looks very good :mrgreen:
Th
ThePajeroMan

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:02 pm

That looks great,
Give some more details and pics. What did it cost you?
ar
arnijr

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:37 pm

I like it, although I'm not to sure about the silver bracket in front of it. It would be great if you could post more detailed photos.
Da
Darrell

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:27 am

Looks awesome! (though I'm with the other on the silver number plate thing)
Give us some more info!! What wheels and tires are you using. What offset have you got on those??
Lets have some more pics..
re
redvers

Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:11 pm

Very neat

Must also go with the comment on the silver Trim in front. Some more pics.

What did you do with your airbag sensors in front. Did you deactivate. Not too sure what makes the bull bar airbag compatible or not?
4x
4x4 Outthere

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Sorry for this late reply
Thanks for all the comments.
I had to secure the Main upright structure is bolted to the inside plates where the Sensors is placed for the Air bags. In other words should I hit something with a serious sort of Impact they should go off. But it is fine with serious sort of winching. I had to design it in three sections because of a joint where the sensors are fitted. The two uprights plus the piece of Bumper is one piece (Left and Right separately) Then the centre piece is one that bolts on to the two sides. I had to fit the two sides and then slide the winch part in from the top. The bumper is secured with 8 off M12 HT Bolts and two off M8 HT Bolts.
I had to modify the window washer reservoir so it can fit behind the narrower bumper.
The reason for the silver pipe was sort of a afterthought. I made that of a 22mm Hydraulic Pipe about 3mm wall thickness. The reason was to get some protection for the belly plate and Intercooler.
No offset spacers on the wheels. I fitted 15” 10” wide rims and is running on 33 x 12.5 Tyres
Now for the cost: All the steel, Laser cutting, pipes, bending and Powder coating .....Hold your Breath...............R2278.00.
Unfortunately if you guys want more detail picks I will have to strip it again.
I can see maybe put the drawings on?
Attachments
Pajero 001.JPG

Return to “DIY Projects (Mods and Rebuilds)”

Login · Register