Do It Yourself (Gen3 Front Bumper)

Pa
Pajero95

Re: Do It Yourself (Gen3 Front Bumper)

Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:20 pm

redvers wrote:Hi All

Just a follow up to see if anybody has manufactured thier bumper yet
Hi,

Who can I contact to get the drawings for the bumper?

Regards,
Riaan

4x
4x4 Outthere

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi riaan
If you are close to Kempton you can come and measure it up on my vehicle.
re
redvers

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:19 am

Hi Riaan

Please pm me your email adress and I will send you what I have. Am going to send to 4E this morning so can include you as well.
Pa
Pajero95

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 am

redvers wrote:Hi Riaan

Please pm me your email adress and I will send you what I have. Am going to send to 4E this morning so can include you as well.

Hi Redvers,

Please sms me your e-mail ... zero 8 two 9 zero 6 4 tripple two

4x4 Out there - I also live out in the East Rand, is it possible to PM me your cell number?

Regards,
Riaan
HBannink
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: Pajero gen2 3l lwb

Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:18 am

Wessel wrote:Hi,

Stunning bumper. Just one question, hope its not a silly one. Are those high lift jacking points on the bumper ? I am sure I read somewhere that high lift jacking points cannot be fitted to the Gen 3 due to the monocoque chassis. In other words, is it fine to use high lift jack if a complete aftermarket bumper with jacking points is fitted ?
There are hard points on the vehicle for changing tyres but there should be no harm done in lifting a vehicle for this purpose on the bumper if it has been designed for this. What I have ben advised against by Mitsu s the practice of lift and drop whereby a stuck vehicle is lifted and the jack is purposely kicked over so that the vehicle lands in a spot that is hopefully sturdier than the original. I have been told that the chassis might be dammaged
Henk Bannink

Some people are wise, some people are otherwise
4x
4x4 Outthere

Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi You will see that I have fitted also jacking points to my Bumper and I have used them with success. I did PM you about a week ago. Did you receive it?
ha
harras

Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:48 am

Hi Guys

Since the beginning of this thread I was interested in the project. I have since buildt two cardboard bumpers from the original plans, made little mods like round fog lights etc. These cardboard bumpers were fitted to ensure all the specs were OK. Last week I had all the parts lazer cut and I just started assemblying the first pieces. I am now selling my 2006 Gen 3 and replacing it with a Gen 4 which is allready equipt with a ARB Replacement bumper. If anybody is interested in taking over the spares to complete the project you can PM me or contact me via 0eighttwo5six0foureight9one
Da
Davidvan

Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Since the beginning of this thread I was interested in the project. I have since buildt two cardboard bumpers from the original plans, made little mods like round fog lights etc. These cardboard bumpers were fitted to ensure all the specs were OK. Last week I had all the parts lazer cut and I just started assemblying the first pieces. I am now selling my 2006 Gen 3 and replacing it with a Gen 4 which is allready equipt with a ARB Replacement bumper. If anybody is interested in taking over the spares to complete the project you can PM me or contact me via 0eighttwo5six0foureight9one
Hi Harras,

Have sent you a PM around the bumper.

Thanks

David
wy
wynand

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi Friend
This is the first time I am comenting on this website so bare with me if I do it wrong. I drive a 2001 3.5GLS LWB Pajero with the name of SHREK and I love my vehicle. I want to build my own front and rear bumper but am a little unsure about the airbag sensors in front. I know where they are placed but aren't sure what you ment by placing the bumper to ensure the proper operation of the airbags. Would you be so kind to advice me on the proper mounting of the bumper.
Regards
Shrek
Na
Nathan Hensberg

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:25 am

Hi there everyone

So im new to this forum and new to Pajero and eager to get started on some mods. Just came back from Bots and realised that i need to lift my lil Paj but next on the list is a replacement front bumper. So if there are no objections can someone get hold of me so i can also get hold of the drawings (please)

P.S any good ideas for a set of DIY rocksliders?

Return to “DIY Projects (Mods and Rebuilds)”

Login · Register