Camping In Mozambique

Travel in style, or perhaps not? What to take, What to leave behind.
pa
paw_by_paw

Camping In Mozambique

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi Guys,
Are there any pointers for Camping in Mozambique in September 2013.
Anybody know of a nice place to camp with at least water and a toilet. The rest I can live with.
Maybe a quiet place with not too much people arround.
Add some tips on the do's and dont's as well as requirements for food , drinks etc. and what to expect traveling through with police etc.
Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

pc
pctheron

Re: Camping In Mozambique

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:52 am

Greetings
I attach the url to my trip reports on the Mocambique leg of a safari we did last year.
Nicest campsite we found was in Inhassoro - Goody Villas.
We were there early in September and it was very quiet.
Rgds
Peter
https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/sh ... p?t=128395
Lock
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 2002

Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:53 am

Hey Paw Paw Give me a call on 083 460 0464
If you can feel the grass between your toe's, your flying too low!
3.5 GLS F/LIF 1998 Lost to the x wife
3200 Tdi GSL 2001 Written off
3200 Di-D 5Dr A/T 2002 338 000 Sold
3500i A/T 5Dr 2001 Sold
3.2 Di-Dc GLS A/T 2008
dr
dr3am3r

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:50 pm

What parts of my beautiful country do you intend visiting? In maputo i could suggest Macaneta and its various lodges. Off them all i would recommend the following in this particular order: Lugar do mar, Tan n Biki, Cova do Tubarao, Praia de Peixe and Esperanca do Mar.

You could also try around the bilene (if going with kids as the waters are VERY calm) area and of course Inhambane were you have numerous options.
io
ioBully

Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:43 am

I'd go from Bilene, some nice campsites with toilet/shower and kitchenette, clean and spacious boma's (try Laguna, there are others). Then move to Zongoene on the Limpopo river mouth, also nice Boma's, clean decent ablution blocks etc. Next time I'll go from Zongoene to Xai Xai as well, if you want one place and not move around then I'd do the Zongoene thing.
LowRange
Vehicle: Gen 4 GLX LWB

Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:47 pm

ioBully wrote:I'd go from Bilene, some nice campsites with toilet/shower and kitchenette, clean and spacious boma's (try Laguna, there are others). Then move to Zongoene on the Limpopo river mouth, also nice Boma's, clean decent ablution blocks etc. Next time I'll go from Zongoene to Xai Xai as well, if you want one place and not move around then I'd do the Zongoene thing.
ioBully - did you end up going to Laguna in Dec? I did not see any other Pajero's while we were there? :?

We also went to Zongoene for a pub-lunch! :D Definitely on our bucket list for the future. Hope they survive all the water coming down the Limpopo that way though. :shock:
Johan
Gen 4 GLX 30th Anniversary Edition (Gravel :mrgreen: )
VW Tiguan 2.0TDi (Tar ;))
Bushlapa Boabab 4.2 in tow

Return to “Overlanding / Camping / Trail Equipment”

Login · Register