Greetings from a newcomer

Let us know who you are, what you drive and what makes you tick!
gandalf
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD SWB

Greetings from a newcomer

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:25 pm

Hello Fellow Club Members

Thank you for a wonderful forum and admitting me as a member. After reading an abundance of useful information on this forum, I recently purchased a 2007 3.2DiD SWB (Gen 4) with 232 500 km on the clock. It seemed to have a full service history except for the 220 000 km and 230 000 services. The car was in overall pretty good nick apart from a few small maintenance issues. Upon purchasing the car, I changed the engine oil and filter, air filter, cabin filter, front and rear disk pads, replaced the fuse for the front fog lamps which were not working and replaced the rubber seals under the bonnet and around the engine compartment, which were mostly perished. I also cleaned the MAF sensor as it was very grimy. I also had a chip in the windscreen repaired, the rear tyres replaced, the rear alignment adjusted, the steering clockspring replaced as none of the steering controls worked and the headlight lenses polished as they had yellowed with age. There were also a couple of interior cosmetic issues like the cover on the inside of the high level brakelight was missing and the blind surrounding the transmission selector was broken, both of which I solved by DI improvisation. I fabricated a cover for the brakelight by cutting and bending a piece of white ABS plastic that is used for safety signs and affixed it to the back of the brakelight with Mammoth double-sided tape. I replaced the transmission selector blind with two pieces of black rubber that I cut from an old deskpad. Both fixes seem to be working fine so far.

As far as upgrades go, I replaced all the interior light bulbs with LED types, replaced the original stereo with a double-DIN fascia and a Bluetooth and Apple Carplay touchscreen infotainment unit, and installed a rearview camera.

The car drives beautifully apart from a few rattles that I will be contacting KurtG about after the lockdown. All electrics work, including the sunroof, air-conditioner and cruise control. Fuel consumption in town is around 10.5l/100km. (I have not checked the consumption yet after cleaning the MAF sensor.) We have not undertaken any long trips with the car yet due to the lockdown. We had a trip to the Pilanesberg booked during April, as well as one to Punda Maria this month, but alas, neither of them were possible.

Once again, thanks for an informative forum.

Regards

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Re: Greetings from a newcomer

Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:55 pm

Welcome Gandalf, seems like you’ve been very busy. Give me a call anytime, I am sure we can get around the lockdown story somehow

083 six oh 48455
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
gandalf
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero 3.2 DiD SWB

Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:56 pm

This Kurt.

Will do.
V for Vendetta
Vehicle: 3.8 SWB

Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:48 pm

Welcome.

I have found there are some very knowledgeable people here on the forum, for the simple reason someone, somewhere had or has, experienced the same problems and has found the work around.

My bus only had 142000 on the clock from new, owner owner, full history. Best bit, it only cost 65.000 Rond as the owner was desperate to sell. Apart from all the body fluids changed and a full valet. it's been very good. I was in Ballito in March before the lockdown and got 10. 2 liters/100 km and coming back 13.0 dead/100 km. Not too shabby for a 3.8 V6 Swb. I was in a hurry to get back home in case of being locked down in KZN, hence the higher consumption.

I also had a LWB Gen 2 3.6 that took me all over South Africa, apart from routine services and the normal consumables, perfect. Till it was err, liberated. Two of the most reliable vehicles i have ever owned. I'm fortunate to have a company car so fuel doesn't worry me, fuel light comes on, fill it up. The V6 is sooooo, addictive.
GreenMachine
Vehicle: 1997 LWB Pajero 3.5 v6

Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:46 pm

Welcome to the forum Gandalf

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to “Introduce Yourself”

Login · Register

Latest Posts