NJ's Gen 2 Journey with loads of blood, sweat and tears.

Show off your ride!
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Re: NJ's Gen 2 Journey with loads of blood, sweat and tears.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:29 pm

I had rebuilt a bike or two many years ago. I used cap screws.

Thinking Cap screws would jell well with the build. Oh so neat, and, :geek:

Ne
Nemos Janitor

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Had another planned power maintenance thing in our street today. So had to stay at home to look after my fishes. Yeah and an excuse to work on the Pajero. :D

Made sure the compressor was full of air and soaked the engine bits in degreaser most of the day. When the power come back on at about 15h00, out came the power cleaner and the bits were power washed.

After cleaning, those that were good enough for a paint job got the treatment. The two manifolds top right were painted with HI Heat silver paint. the rest were painted with engine paint.

The injector pipes were painted with blue engine paint.
part paint 1.jpg
The cover plate had a metallic silver paint job. Redid that, but it looks so bland....
part paint3.jpg
Would like to do some detailing on the makers logo. lets see what happens later.
part paint2.jpg
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Nemos Janitor wrote:
4ePikanini wrote:stay away from black paint. It hides leaks.
Thank you for the heads up bud, will keep that in mind. Air-con pipes will be painted mat black and the chassis will remain black. Will rethink this though.

My discussion with the wife seems to have sparked a interest. :mrgreen:
nana help2.jpg
nana help1.jpg
Nemo. I think she is a keeper! :-)

Following your thread with interest so please dont stop updating even if there is not a lot of comments, there are a lot of us following.

CATS
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:29 pm

Played a bit with the painting technique of the detailing. From artists paint brush to ear buds, have not tried a roller yet as I think one would have to be jimmied. Anyway here is the idea of what is in mind.
part paint4.jpg
PJN
Vehicle: Pajero 2800 Diesel

Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Loving this. Please keep posting.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:03 pm

PJN wrote:Loving this. Please keep posting.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am seriously trying to keep on posting and updating.

There seems to be an issue, as both my iPhone (one 5s and one 4s)will not connect to Pajeroclub.

Anyway, will record the goings on and try and post each evening.
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Got some good news from the AC (air con) guy today. The compressor can be fixed and I can collect on Friday. Going to be delivering the color paint I want the compressor painted in tomorrow so that it fits in with the rest of the engine color scheme.

At the moment I am realy pressed for table space, along with resources to accelerate the build. But that also comes with some advantages. Rash decisions are not made and it sucks in other members of the family. :twisted: Yup my son Is polishing some bits so that the build table can be freed....
matt help1.jpg
Yup Matthew is married to Chantel, the Bridgestone lady. So I guess the tyres will have to be changed to Bridgestone tyres
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:09 pm

Nemos Janitor wrote:Two clips of my brother doing his thing in the Pajero with the 4X4 club in Durban.

http://youtu.be/ySltaHjwl6c

http://youtu.be/OaKbEu3QQMc

For those interested in the location of the two clips. I checked back with my brother, he tells me they were taken at the Gwahumbe game lodge.
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:05 pm

Sorry guys.

I am so frustrated in trying to post updates. For the last four hours I have been fighting various issues regarding lost posts and ...and...and...

Admin please send me a mail when the issues are resolved so that I might continue without frustration. Thanks guys.
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:57 pm

The site is working so much better this evening. Thank you to admin for making the experience a pleasure again.

I did a revisit of the outer body condition. First thoughts were for the aesthetics of what to upgrade and what boasting/bragging rights they might achieve, and then to consider what the purpose of the rebuilt Pajero gen2 is intended for.

I had checked out some suspension upgrades and some custom upgrades to front and rear bumpers. Liked the ARB style, but not the price. Don't get me wrong here. Their price was market related the the quality/testimonials looks good from the videos to be found on YouTube.

Anyway here is a peek at the current front bumper. The top center bit was damaged by plowing through some snow when my brother had the vehicle. He luckily recovered the part on the trip home. Found it on the side of the road.

So!!!! What to do? I think a new front bumper will "HAVE" to be fitted.

In this pic, I just placed the recovered center bit of the recovered bumper in its place.
front bumper2).jpg
The underside of the damaged bumper. I have not assessed a possible repair yet.
front bumper2.jpg
As can be seen, the rest of the front bumper is in a reasonable condition with a few scuff marks.
front bumper1.jpg
Left side bumper.
front bumper left1.jpg
Right side bumper
front bumper right1.jpg

Return to “Showcase your Pajero”

Login · Register