NJ's Gen 2 Journey with loads of blood, sweat and tears.

Show off your ride!
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Re: NJ's Gen 2 Journey with loads of blood, sweat and tears.

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:56 pm

Taking a look at the under rear part of the vehicle, the retrofit bigger, long range fuel tank can be observed. I do have reservations as to how close to the ground this tank is.

Should there not be some sort of protection for the fuel tank??? "or" is the fuel tank deemed to be strong enough due to construction thickness???

Here are a few Pix of the tank from the rear.
feul tank1.jpg
feul tank2.jpg

Ne
Nemos Janitor

Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:54 pm

The running boards on the Pajero are in a reasonable condition. Except for one or two of the fender covers (if that is what they are called? might be mud flap covers???). The damaged ones, especially the left rear, is deformed due to the fender been dented on the underside. Hmmm.... Thinking rock sliders!

Here are some Pix of the current running boards and fender protectors. Will pull them off over the weekend if it is not too windy and cold to see what improvements can be made.

The first pic is of the worst cover. Left rear. The rest not too bad.
body left rear molding1.jpg
body left floor runner1.jpg
body right rear guard1.jpg
body right rear molding1.jpg
body right rear runingboard1.jpg
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Going back to the post I made earlier this evening regarding the front bumper. (not sure if there is a means to refer the post ID to a particular post. Post No perhaps??). If I was to go along with the 50mm DIY lift. Would that rule out the custom bumper and rock sliders from reputable aftermarket suppliers?
CATS
Vehicle: 2001(Gen3) Pajero 3.2 Did, 2008(Gen4) Pajero Did

Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:18 pm

Nemos Janitor wrote:Going back to the post I made earlier this evening regarding the front bumper. (not sure if there is a means to refer the post ID to a particular post. Post No perhaps??). If I was to go along with the 50mm DIY lift. Would that rule out the custom bumper and rock sliders from reputable aftermarket suppliers?
Depends if you do body lift or suspension lift. If suspension lift then it will still work but if you do body lift it might need some modifications to work.

CATS
2009 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS (Gen4) - Casper (Starting to grow on me)
2001 Pajero 3.2 DiD Lwb GLS Manual (Gen3) - Snoopy (SOLD but not forgotten)
2008 Pajero 3.2 DiDc Lwb GLS Auto (Gen4) - Silvester (SOLD)
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:54 pm

Thank you CAT's

Yes, I am thinking for what I intend to use the vehicle, a body lift with some rock sliders and a few protection bits and bobs will suffice. I do not envisage a suspension lift at this stage.

Got a call from the AC guy today. The compressor and dryer is sorted and ready. So will collect tomorrow and add to the collection of reconditioned components. All the reconditioned and painted components have been wrapped in bubble wrap, stored ready for assembly.

Did not manage to remove the running boards and fender protectors yet. Might get into that later in the week.

Was supposed to get details from the engine machinists on Monday. No call received to date.
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Thank you CAT's

Yes, I am thinking for what I intend to use the vehicle, a body lift with some rock sliders and a few protection bits and bobs will suffice. I do not envisage a suspension lift at this stage.

Got a call from the AC guy today. The compressor and dryer is sorted and ready. So will collect tomorrow and add to the collection of reconditioned components. All the reconditioned and painted components have been wrapped in bubble wrap, stored ready for assembly.

Did not manage to remove the running boards and fender protectors yet. Might get into that later in the week.

Was supposed to get details from the engine machinists on Monday. No call received to date.
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:33 pm

Picked up the AC compressor and dryer this morning.

The piping and radiators will not be connected on assembly. This will be done by the AC guys when they check and fill with gas.
AC compresor and dryer.jpg
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Got a call from the fuel injector guys today. The injector pump is sorted and will be collected tomorrow. Still no news from the machinists. They are in a similar area to where I will be collecting the fuel pump. Will pop in to the machinists and give them a gentle shove.
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:13 pm

Short post today. Will update later when posting issue is sorted.

Injector pump sorted.
image.jpg
Ne
Nemos Janitor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:04 pm

I only managed to collect the injector pump today. As can be seen in the previous post, it is nicely sealed and packed ready for assembly.

The other good news after expressing my opinion on the machinists level of service was, the crankshaft does not have to be ground. Just polished. That means standard big end and main bearings. It also means that the crank case does not have to be line bored.

The cylinders are slightly pitted at the top of the bore. I could possibly get away with just a hone and ring replacement. But this build is meant to last a few years. So I am opting for a 20 thow rebore.

Ordered the pistons, bearings, timing chain kit and clutch kit from Alert. There are two piston types available from Alert. One a lot cheeper than the other. Have opted for the AE pistons. Will collect tomorrow and deliver to the machinists. Machining should be completed and ready for collection on Friday.

Return to “Showcase your Pajero”

Login · Register