Pajero hooter and tachometer

This is where general information is stored for reference purposes. Please do not ask questions here. Only post here if you are posting reference information.
Natkat
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero Gen 2.5 3L V6 SWB

Pajero hooter and tachometer

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:46 pm

Good evening,

I have a 1999 Pajero 3L v6 gen 2.5 swb manual. My hooter has stopped working and the rev meter stays at 0rpm. Can anyone shed some light on what the possible problem could be? I have checked all fuses and they seem fine.

V for Vendetta
Vehicle: 3.8 SWB

Re: Pajero hooter and tachometer

Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:50 am

Good morning.

"Checked fuses". What did you check them with ?. A visual is no good, you need to check with a DVM, Digital Volt Meter, and "ring" them through. Have you a wiring diagram ?. Don't go poking around if you don't know what to look for. Do you have dual horns ?. If so, look for the relay that controls them. Dual horns take a lot of current, that is why you use a relay, small voltage to control a large voltage/current. Sorry to sound harsh, but 40 years as an Electrical Engineer ( yes, engineer, not an electrician) has taught me that people and electrics are not good bedfellows. You will find that if you ask, people will help. Get a drawing first, and then check what fuse feeds what and trace it from there. If you look, its a R 1000.00 an hour, if you interfere, R 2000.00 an hour, and if you do anything else, you will be DE-boned and sold as a wet-suit.
Attachments
2903629_0.jpg

Return to “Pajero Technical Library”

Login · Register