2001 3.2 Di-D EGR Removal

This is where general information is stored for reference purposes. Please do not ask questions here. Only post here if you are posting reference information.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Re: RE: Re: 2001 3.2 Di-D EGR Removal

Sun May 07, 2017 7:15 pm

DuneDriver wrote:I am attemting to remove the EGT assembly,but the bolts on the exhaust side is extremely tight.How does one prevent turning the head off the bolts ? I saw elsewhere on the forum that the heads tend to round easily,does that mean the bolts are relatively soft and prone to breaking too.
What precautions do I need to take to prevent rounding or breaking?
Spray them penetrating spray everyday for a week. Then get the car hot by taking a long drive before removing with a good six sided socket.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

DuneDriver
Vehicle: Pajero 3.2 Did

Re: 2001 3.2 Di-D EGR Removal

Mon May 08, 2017 5:42 pm

Thanks Marius.
Sounds like a plan !
Anton
EricS
Vehicle: 2005 Pajero 3.2 DI D SWB

Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi guys I know its an old post but I do have one question on the blanking off of the EG valve does the blanking off of the EG valve any effect on the electronic and does it cause any warning lights to come on or not come on when needed.... I know its old but do hope someone can give me some answers.......... Thanks guys.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:33 pm

EricS wrote:Hi guys I know its an old post but I do have one question on the blanking off of the EG valve does the blanking off of the EG valve any effect on the electronic and does it cause any warning lights to come on or not come on when needed.... I know its old but do hope someone can give me some answers.......... Thanks guys.
No lights. No ill effects.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Manana
Vehicle: Mitsubishi Pajero

Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:38 pm

Why blank it off? If your vehicle has a MAF sensor, there's a simple way of electronically tricking the system into believing the ambient temperature is below 10°C. Below this temp the system remains closed. It will take you less than 15 minutes to solder a resistor in place.

Take a look at Mr. Pajero on FaceBook, he has a series of video's showing you step by step how to clean the EGR system. If you were slightly uncertain to start off with, his videos will give you confidence - very easy job, although messy.

Return to “Pajero Technical Library”

Login · Register