MITSPRO VEHICLE SERVICE CENTRE - CENTURION

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
to
tonton

Re: MITSPRO VEHICLE SERVICE CENTRE - CENTURION

Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:26 am

Frans,

Maybe you want to place MITSPRO here: https://www.pajeroclub.co.za/forum/view ... =55&t=1481
(The thread for Pajero Workshop Recommendations)

Anton

ha
harras

Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:53 pm

As promised here is some feedback. I was contacted by Freek with the quote for the 120,000km major service. Hold onto your chairssssss. The cost will be - wait for it, A full R2,300 :o I could not believe this. This is a lot less than the agents. Freek informed me of all the things that need to be done and informed me that the cost might go up to R2,900 if he must replace the pollin filter. Normally the filter can be cleaned by air as it is a course filter to prevent bigger items from entering the aircon system. The best of all is that we stay less than 3km apart. That means that I can drop my Pajero at his house on Monday night. He service the vehicle on Tuesday and return it to me after work. Now this is what I call service :P - and if this is not enough, he will let me do a EFT after he returned the vehicle. Again - I will advice after the service as to the quality of their work.
ha
harras

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Guys
Ok, service has been done and my service book has been stamped. I waited a week before commenting on the service to ensure all is OK. I can with a smile :D confirm that I am very happy with the service and the way Freek handled everything. The actual surprise came when he returned the vehicle. Total cost for 120 000km service - R1767.65. I can strongly recommend their service and the way they treat their customers. Freek just had one request and that is if I am not happy, please tell him in order for him to fix whatever is wrong.
to
tonton

Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:59 pm

harras wrote:Hi Guys
Ok, service has been done and my service book has been stamped. I waited a week before commenting on the service to ensure all is OK. I can with a smile :D confirm that I am very happy with the service and the way Freek handled everything. The actual surprise came when he returned the vehicle. Total cost for 120 000km service - R1767.65. I can strongly recommend their service and the way they treat their customers. Freek just had one request and that is if I am not happy, please tell him in order for him to fix whatever is wrong.
WOW! That is less than my daughter's ATOS @ 40000 km!

Anton
Ge
Gerhardvos

Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:33 pm

Greetings to all members aswell as soon to be members, I'm Gerhard Vos
We all need to have our Mitsubishi's serviced and that seems to be a bit expensive when done by the manufacturer itselve.
I've got a 2001 GLX DID with 265000 km on the clock. 4 days before me leaving for Durban the Pajero started overheating, no power and water vanishing in thin air. I took the car to a place in Botha ave called MITSPRO. The owner Freek and his son Freek jnr invited me for some coke and sat down discussing the problem. Cracked head, cracked radiator and the injectors will have to be replaced. The radiator was cracked (shown to me), Injectors worn badly (also shown to me). I bought the Pajero 2hand and the previous owner did a good job of hiding everything. As you can see this was going to cost me a bundle, WRONG these people replaced everything with new parts and did the work themselfs and see to it that the Pajero was ready in 3days so that I could go on holiday. The price well ..... everything was less than half the price I would have paid by the "You know who".
The people at MITSPRO are realy profesional in what they are doing and laborwise uncompareable.

I strongly suggest you give them a chance and see what the can do.

Phone them at 012 644 2888
br
brettorwin

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Hi All,

I can also vouch for these guys. The "Stealers" quoted me R15,000, I went for a second opinion with Freek. I will spare you the details, but the Service was great, they checked my concern areas, did all lube checks, adjusted the handbrake, washed the vehicle...... AND all this was at no charge!

I will now support them, no question.
Cheers

Brett
ts
tsblack

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:34 am

Hi Guys

Just gave Mitspro a call and asked them to give me a price on a clutch replacement. I asked them if they would be able to use the 2.8 flywheel combination as suggested on these forums. They say they don't believe in using the 2.8 as they've just encountered problems with that setup. If I have it correctly, they say that the 2.8 isn't thick enough and causes problems with the clutch. Instead they have a new flywheel made up which is as thick as the original.

Anybody had a clutch done there, any feedback?

Thanks

-Thomas
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:55 am

try a differen workshop. My dad has the 2.8 flywheel/clutch combination in his 3.2 Di-D and has used it for thousands of kilometers with no problem at all.

Can't believe they come with that nonsense. In essence the block is identical so why the funny fit ?!?!?!?!?.

Only reason I can fathom is that the DMF has a higher price which means higher profit margin for the same work.

:evil:
ts
tsblack

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:16 am

Hi Marius

Yep. Struggling to find an alternative workshop though. Your dad also used the same transmission that is in the 3.2 DiD?

-Thomas
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:02 pm

he used a manual super select transmission from a gen2.

AFAIK the bellhousing and clutch forks etc are identical between the gen3 and gen2.

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register