MITSPRO VEHICLE SERVICE CENTRE - CENTURION

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
JP
JP1

Re: MITSPRO VEHICLE SERVICE CENTRE - CENTURION

Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:36 am

4ePikanini wrote:try a differen workshop. My dad has the 2.8 flywheel/clutch combination in his 3.2 Di-D and has used it for thousands of kilometers with no problem at all.
Can't believe they come with that nonsense. In essence the block is identical so why the funny fit ?!?!?!?!?.
Only reason I can fathom is that the DMF has a higher price which means higher profit margin for the same work.
:evil:
If one read through this whole thread start to finish, it is quite clear that a lot of people are happy with the service received by this company, furthermore it is also mentioned in a lot of the posts specifically about the cost savings due to Mitspro not overcharging, giving the client a good deal. It is also clear from posts that the people from Mitspro try and help to save costs by making alternative arrangements and even doing some jobs at No Charge.

So, in this light, my humble opinion is that the highlighted remarks above might be a wee bit too critical, and seeing that the issue at hand was not discussed with them first hand, by the criticiser, to get their take on the situation, or maybe share their experience of what difficulties they experienced with the mod, maybe some of the comments should not be taken to heart ??

to
tonton

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:27 am

Must say - I agree with Johan on this one - especially if "DMF" has the meaning that I think it does, and bearing in mind that thomas was not quite sure about the service supplier's explanation.

Anton
ts
tsblack

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:59 am

Hi Anton

DMF stands for dual mass flywheel. Just to clarify, Mitspro were suggesting that they fabricate a brand new solid flywheel which matches the spec (thickness specifically) of the old dual mass flywheel. The explanation they gave was quite specific - the 2.8 flywheel is not as thick as the original flywheel and according to them it gives problems with clutch slipping, release, etc. That's where the specifics ended - I asked them what the thickness of their flywheel was vs the 2.8 and they couldn't give me an answer. I asked them why it was that the 2.8 didn't work as it was the same block and likewise said that it's too think and gives issues. If they managed to give me a satisfying answer I probably wouldn't have posted on this thread. For reference, I spoke to Freek Jr.

I'm starting to think they have may experienced issues with fitting a 2.8 flywheel to a 3.2 clutch, rather than a 2.8 flywheel to 2.8 clutch. That being said, I haven't written them off, their reviews are too good to ignore their advice.

As for Marius' response, I'm personally fine with it. I'd rather have a strong response than none at all. Marius and his dad have a wealth of technical information about these cars and as far as I can tell, the only one (4e at least) that's fitted a 2.8 flywheel to a 3.2.

So, back on topic, has anyone had one of these Mitspro flywheel's fitted? There's an old thread for discussing the clutch on a 3.2. I have a few more questions for Marius, but I'll post them there rather seeing as this is a Mitspro thread.

-Thomas
to
tonton

Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:39 pm

tsblack wrote:Hi Anton

DMF stands for dual mass flywheel.
Thank goodness! I thought it was something totally different! :oops:

tsblack wrote:As for Marius' response, I'm personally fine with it. I'd rather have a strong response than none at all. Marius and his dad have a wealth of technical information about these cars and as far as I can tell, the only one (4e at least) that's fitted a 2.8 flywheel to a 3.2 ...
Agreed. I have personally learnt a helluvalot from them. Even changed my oil brand on his recommendation! And I love their guts to take on big projects.

Thanks, Thomas for clearing this, and sorry 4eP for the misunderstanding!

Regards,
Anton
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member
Vehicle: 2007 Pajero LWB 3.2 Di-D GLX

Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:04 pm

My strong response was shortly after another workshop (company car in PE) tried to give a runaround and then got aggressive after I talked him into a corner.

I am sure that Mitspro can give good service but I'd rather have someone tell me they don't know than try and tell me it can't be done.

I have seen firsthand on my father's car that it can be done without issues so hence my strong response.

I'm sure somewhere there is a misunderstanding that will be cleared up shortly as we are all just looking at text trying to see what's what.

I think the 3.2 clutch and 2.8 flywheel combination is maybe what they had in mind.

Maybe send 4ePajero (my father) a PM and ask his input on this - he will only be back on Monday/Tuesday though from a East Coast passes trip.

Maybe in the meantime see if you can call them and ask about the different clutch and flywheel combinations.
es
esposito

Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi,
I had a very good experience with MITSPRO. I called Mr Freek Snr to help me to buy a Pajero 2004 that was in Mpumalanga ( 2 hs drive). It was the first time I met him, by the way, I found MITSPRO on the 4x4community forum. He was very kind and agree to check the car on a saturday morning. I ask how much he would charge for that advice. He answer asking me if I would be his client. ;). Good question! He checked everything and help me to get a discount. I made the deal and obviously I send the car for a overhaul at his workshop. I liked very much the way he help me, much better than go to a dealer for buying a car.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:22 am

esposito wrote:Hi,
I had a very good experience with MITSPRO. I called Mr Freek Snr to help me to buy a Pajero 2004 that was in Mpumalanga ( 2 hs drive). It was the first time I met him, by the way, I found MITSPRO on the 4x4community forum. He was very kind and agree to check the car on a saturday morning. I ask how much he would charge for that advice. He answer asking me if I would be his client. ;). Good question! He checked everything and help me to get a discount. I made the deal and obviously I send the car for a overhaul at his workshop. I liked very much the way he help me, much better than go to a dealer for buying a car.

That is service to be proud of! Rub my back and I'll rub yours type of deal.
ha
harras

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:40 pm

Guys
Please note this is not a side picking contest but I would like to place a few thing into perspective. Mitspro is a business and need to make money to operate. The difference is that they dont go out to break the bank when they quote you for a job. I visited Mitspro today to enquire about a different issue that I need assistance with, when I saw this flywheel on Freek's work bench. On enquiry Freek explained that it is a flywheel that they had manufactured for a client who wish to fit a 3.2 engine into a 2.8 vehicle. Next to this flywheel was the original DMF and 2.8 flywheel. I took pictures of all three and the difference is big. I can mention at least 5 differences between the DMF and 2.8 flywheel, but that will not solve the issue here. Freek snr. explained to me that they work on vehicles to keep them as close to original as possible. When using the manufactured flywheel all other part stay original. With that I mean release bearing, clutch plate, pressure plate etc. If they use the 2.8 flywheel then it becomes a matter of modifying things such as release bearings, clutch springs gearbox plate from the 2.8, etc. That makes it difficult for the next guy to work on as he will have no idea what has been done. Like I said, I am not taking sides but I can say without adoubt that the service I got from them so far has always been good and honest and as explained, without unknown modifications which will leave me quessing - WHAT THE HELL HAVE THEY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Should anybody wish to see the pictures I will post them on the forum.
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:28 pm

please post them.

I don't understand why they don't just fir the complete flywheel and clutch assembly from the 2.8? Surely it's faster, cheaper and less work/labour intensive (also it's OEM)
4ePikanini
Affiliate Member

Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 am

flywheel pics as sent to me

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register