Pajero Workshop Recommendations

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
gh
ghost_traffic

Re: Pajero Workshop Recommendations

Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:19 pm

PROVINCE: Western Cape
METRO AREA (If Any): Montague Gardens
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME: Lusinco / Unimech
CONTACT PERSON:Anthony Monk
CONTACT DETAILS: 021 551 9097
SERVICE RENDERED:Head gasket and coolant pipes replacement; service; replaced disks and pads; galvanizing of bash plate and stabilizer bar (more to come); built rack to replace jump seats; fitted spots; all welding jobs (welded the footpeg back on my ST1300)
SERVICE SMILEYS (Out of 3, 1 being good, 3 being beyond reasonable) :D :D :D

tonton
Vehicle: 2007 3.8 GLS LWB (Gen 4)

Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:47 pm

PROVINCE: Western Cape
METRO AREA: Bellville; 12 La Belle Rd, Stikland (behind BP Garage)
WORKSHOP NAME: Cool Air Radiators
CONTACT DETAILS: 0219453342 & 0219454967 & coolairradiators@xsinet.co.za
SERVICE RENDERED:Replaced platkar (Atos) radiator @ under R1 000. Fixed leak in PAJ radiator free of charge. Small guy who knows his business, no fancy trimmings (overheads YOU have to pay for), but technically on top.
SERVICE SMILEYS (Out of 3, 1 being good, 3 being beyond reasonable) :D
Pajero 3.8 GLS (A) LWB 2007 (Gen 4)
Pajero 3.5 GLS (M) LWB 2000 (Gen 2.5) SOLD
Pajero 3.5 GLS (A) LWB 1995 (Gen 2) SOLD
ro
rotor racer

Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:37 pm

PROVINCE:Cape
METRO AREA (If Any):Maitland
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME:Malcolms Auto Centre
CONTACT PERSON:Malcolm
CONTACT DETAILS:021 5118763
SERVICE RENDERED:Was head mechanic at M. Motors in Paarden Eiland.Precious little he doesnt know Pajero or Colt related. Also does general servicing and race car prep.
SERVICE SMILEYS x 3
@l
@last

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:47 am

PROVINCE:North West
METRO AREA (If Any): Brits
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME: Brits Auto Workshop
CONTACT PERSON:Shabeer Certified Paj mechanic
CONTACT DETAILS:0829548938
SERVICE RENDERED:Repaired drive shaft, Crank sensor repair, services, Replaced universals
SERVICE SMILEYS (Out of 3, 1 being good, 3 being beyond reasonable): :D :D :D
Bu
Bush Baby

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:42 pm

[/quote]
Mcnoogle wrote:PROVINCE: Western Cape
METRO AREA (If Any): Somerset West / Strand
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME: M Saich Autoclinic
CONTACT PERSON: Malcolm Saich
CONTACT DETAILS: 084 433 0655
SERVICE RENDERED: Services all my Cars, and all my family's cars, including friends cars (every one extremely satisfied),
So far for me, services my Golf, & Polo, including major services, sorted out ignition issues on my 1996 polo, and ignition / computer faults on wife's 2005 polo causing battery drainage, all major services, on all our cars,
ON THE PAJERO: (since we're really talking 4x4)
Came with me to test the pajero (the first one we tested was younger, but not as sound as this one) He tested it thoroughly with me (incl slight off-road to make sure everything worked) checked the slippage of Auto gearbox under load, picks up things others don't really notice - very thorough
Hes not done a cam belt service yet,(although he checks the condition regularly) but has done my bearings, picked up vibration caused by gearbox mount, arranged to have an 'upgraded Poly-prop mount made up, at half the price of a dealer mount' raised rear suspension within factory limits (without extra mods) replaced front shocks, handled the whole process of sorting out electronics, making sure the guys (another dealer did a good job) - went back and (free of charge), soldered all my solenoid points for my selector, after a/m people just stuck them with some kind of glue.
He has offered my a lot of great advice, referred me to dealers on his behalf, (to get a better price) on certain items
(hence my R1500 each for 31x10.5 x 15 Cooper STT's this year in June. Is always willing to help, with advice or otherwise, is very reasonably priced, has a good name (at the beginning of every season, it seems half of the western Capes 4x4s are with him for checks, work etc. And he doesn't take long (as a 4x4 enthusiast himself, he understands you need your baby back YESTERDAY)
SERVICE SMILEYS (Out of 3, 1 being good, 3 being beyond reasonable): ;) :) :D :mrgreen: (seriously, he deserves 4)
Good Day Mcnoogle

I bought my Pajero in January 2011, and the 200 000km service is coming up soon (currently 196 000km). THis will by my 1st service and I'm not quite sure where to service my car. Since I'm staying in Strand, I guess I can go to the Mitsubishi dealer next to the N2, but their service will probably be very expensive.
I've read your recommendation, and was just wondering if you think it will be wise to take my Pajero to M Saich Autoclinic for its 200 000km service?
Any advice of what needs to be done or check for on its major service?

Thank you
tonton

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Bush Baby,

Note that the 200 000 km service is the cambelt replacement service, and Ned's guy has not done one yet.

I suggest you phone JJ Smit of Mitsubishi (Tyger Valley) and ask him if he can recommend someone for a private job.

Otherwise ANG (Milnerton) comes highly recommended, and my guy (Stellenberg motors) is good (he is going to do my 200 000 km service later this year - I'm at 190 000 now).

Regards,
Anton
@l
@last

Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:57 pm

PROVINCE: North West
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME: Brits auto workshops
CONTACT PERSON: Shabeer
CONTACT DETAILS: 0829548938
SERVICE RENDERED: Services,universals,crank sensor,Diff
SERVICE SMILEYS: :mrgreen:
Bu
Bush Baby

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:44 am

tonton wrote:Bush Baby,

Note that the 200 000 km service is the cambelt replacement service, and Ned's guy has not done one yet.

I suggest you phone JJ Smit of Mitsubishi (Tyger Valley) and ask him if he can recommend someone for a private job.

Otherwise ANG (Milnerton) comes highly recommended, and my guy (Stellenberg motors) is good (he is going to do my 200 000 km service later this year - I'm at 190 000 now).

Regards,
Anton
Thank you very much Anton.

I will start calling around for quotes. Do you perhaps know how much a 200 000 km service will cost?
I've got a 99 Pajero 3000 V6 SWB (M)

Kind Regards

Below is my baby!
IMG00009-20110123-1510.jpg
IMG00008-20110115-1312.jpg
tonton

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Bush Baby,

Lovely car - you should join us to DAMON 4x4 in Worcester on Saturday and show her off!

Ask Theunis at Stellenberg Motors about the cost, but be prepared for around R 3500 to replace the cambelt.

He will give you a much more accurate estimate, though.

Please let us know what it cost. It will help us to prepare for the same damage!

Regards,
Anton
Fi
Fielies

Pajero Workshop Recommendations

Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:49 pm

@last wrote:PROVINCE: North West
DEALER / WORKSHOP NAME: Brits auto workshops
CONTACT PERSON: Shabeer
CONTACT DETAILS: 0829548938
SERVICE RENDERED: Services,universals,crank sensor,Diff
SERVICE SMILEYS: :mrgreen:
@last hoekom is j van 3 :) na net een toe op brits auto workshop?

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register