What have you done to your Pajero today?

Need some advise of a general nature not covered in the forums below? Here's where to do it.
TinusK
Vehicle: 2004 Pajero 3.2 DID GLS

Re: What have you done to your Pajero today?

Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:59 pm

Put on new tyres today. Michelin LTX and so far I'm impressed with the silky smooth drive quality on tar. Or perhaps I got too accustomed to my old tyres which were bumpy as hell.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2019-02-25 at 12.02.21.jpeg

KurtG
Vehicle: 2014 Pajero 3.2Di-D SWB

Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:43 pm

Those look like very nice highway terrain tyres.
- Kurt
2014 Pajero SWB 3.2 GLS | EFS Suspension | Stofpad Bashplates
2008 Pajero LWB 3.2 GLS (Sold @ 243,000km)
Eddie du Plessis
Vehicle: 2013 Pajero 3.2 GLS LWB (ZORRO)

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:19 pm

Tinus:

I have the same on my 2013 LWB (LTX A/T2) and they are very good, I do not think they will do heavy off-road but they do well on gravel roads and the handling is very good wet or dry.

I think they start off with around 11mm thread, mine is down to 6.0mm usable thread (excluding 1mm safety limit). I have fitted them on 50 000km and I am on 163 000 now, I have done 113 000km to date with these tires. I do fill it with nitrogen and must say that I do a lot of long distance travelling (around 65 000km / annum) and occasional towing of the caravan. I rotate, balance and do wheel alignment every 10 000km and obviously you need to drive properly.

I am very happy with them and will surely replace them with the same.
Eddie du Plessis
2013 3.2 Pajero GLS LWB - (ZORRO)
Pretoria
PJFPaj
Vehicle: Pajero swb 3.8 V6

Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:37 pm

Hi Gents, new to the world of Pajero. Just bought a 2007 Gen4 swb 3.8 v6 about two weeks ago.

Mods already done:
-Centre console 12v socket replaced with 2xusb fast charger
-Double din radio install with apple carplay and steering wheel controls retained (Well technically should be retained but need to replace the clock spring)
-installed dash support brackets
-TC/ABS/ASC overide switch

Short term plans:
-decat all three cats with resonator at third to try keep rasp and noise down
-some rattles on rear windows to be sorted

Long term:
-rock sliders
-spacer lift kit
-roofrack
-265/70r17
-spare wheel lift
-long range tank (a real challenge apparently) Image[/img]
V for Vendetta
Vehicle: 3.8 SWB

Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:45 am

Polished it AGAIN.
New Battery, it was getting lazy, bit like me in my old age. Worked perfectly over the holiday period, but as it's my weekend toy, decided not to take chances.
New Tyres, 4 x AT5 Dunlops. 17 inch. Rond 5840.00 fitted, balanced, and aligment. This was a Black Friday Special. Definately scored there.
V for Vendetta

Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:26 pm

Bought a set of bashplates for my Gen 3, from Trail and Beyond. 5 mm THICK. Very good quality. Will install over the weekend. But judging by the weight, my man hands and arms might not be up to it. Sucks getting old.
Extra, extra, man found dead in warehouse crushed to death by attempting to fit Pajero Bashplates. Booze Mc Hack reporting.
A man's man was found crushed to death by the sheer weight of the Bashplates he bought recently,,,,,, and no none of you can have the bashplates, shut up at the back........
Attachments
I_Need_An_Adult7448.jpg
John293
Vehicle: 2020 Pajero LWB

Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:39 pm

I posted a question some time ago but none replied so let me try again - Bash plates yes or no ? I ask because of the possibility of a grass build up on top and then maybe causing a fire ???
V for Vendetta

Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:52 am

Silly me, that is why I carry a fire extinguisher. That and getting under and checking once a week for the obvious, leaks, lumps of grass, trees, lesser mortals in "normal cars" etc. I find the Kia Picanto has to be prised out with a crowbar, being so small you don't really see them apart from a bump now and again, leading to passengers saying, "what was that ?."

Bashplates ?. YES. But because what they fit from the factory really, how to put this politely ?, crap. The originals are really for decoration. I wouldn't trust them like I trust our government to roll out the vaccine programe.

Seriously, get yourself a fire extinguisher, it's one of those things you may never have to use, but you will be glad you have one, if not for yourself, but someone else.
Attachments
Dinner sorted-jpg.jpg
cloyd
Vehicle: Pajero GLS

Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:03 pm

John293,

Yes, but do not overload your Pajero by the weight of the bash plates. One can go totally stupid and fit plates that will protect a battle tank. Remember also to fit a plate to protect the rear bumper from being pulled off..

Cloyd
V for Vendetta

Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:05 am

Not really, my bus is like me, a few extra kilo's is nothing, peace of mind. Besides it's not that the Pajero is exactly light on it's feet anyway. Anything has to be better that the rubbish they fit from the factory. The size of the kerbs the council is fitting these days makes parking outside side my favorite shop in Sandton a tad tricky.

Return to “General Pajero Discussion”

Login · Register